What new signature guitar do you want to see?

Ostracized

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

The Mazi Bee Signature "Lawsuit Proof" Les Paul.
:)

mazi_bee_lawsuit_proof_lp.jpg

Dude I'd totally buy that

Personally I wanna see a Buckethead Les Paul, and some more zakk Wylde {censored}. I can't even sit down unless I'm wearing my zakk wylde signature underwear. And sex with even the hottest girls just sucks without my zakk wylde signature condoms. And why breathe without my Zakk Wylde signature oxygen? And who can live without your zakk wylde *gets shot in face by zakk wylde brand automatic-suicide-when-obsessed-with-zakk-wylde-bull{censored}*

• Members

Originally posted by des67

Again Jonny Greenwood, Dave Gilmour and also Matt Belamy

Manson has stated repeatedly that they will not make copies of matt's instruments but you can order one with similar features.

A lot of the guitars people have mentioned dont really have anything different about them. For instance, Robert johnson just used an L1, there was nothing unique about it.

despite everything I have just said, Id like to see some Dillinger Escape Plan sigs.

• Members

Originally posted by Ostracized

If you could have a guitarist's signature guitar, created by a specific company, what would it be? Note, I am refering to signature guitars that do not exist to date.

Me: Jonny Greenwood Fender Telecaster.

The Sonnilon signature Jackson RR1 Rhoads. :rolleyes: Yes, that's right, a signature signature. :mad:

• Members

Jerry Cantrell and Brad Whitford. I heard about a Dean Jerry Cantrell guitar. What about G&L Sig guitars rampage (with kahler trem) and asat. Also a Jerry Cantrell Gibson Les Paul sig would be cool too. For Brad Whitford, he plays so many different kickass guitars these days its hard to be sure what hed do for s signiture model(s).

• Members

Originally posted by NITEFLY182

Manson has stated repeatedly that they will not make copies of matt's instruments but you can order one with similar features.

That's something I'll have to investigate, though I'm thinking it may end up ridicullously expensive with all the features I'd like in it.

• Members

Originally posted by Deke

the billie joe armstrong signature les paul junior...
:thu:

They have actually done that as a CS version.... basically the same guitar, but with a coupel of unique finishes i think - white being one of them. I like GD anyhow, but I think it's great that somebody so popular has brought the Junior design to the attention of a whole new generation of guitarists. Of course, what Gibson now need to do is to rediscover the original concept of the Junior as an affordably guitar for the entry level price point, and do a set neck, good quality Epiphone version (that LE model they did recently was truer to the concept of the Junior than anything that has come out with a Gibson name on it for 20 years or more). And make it available left handed. I'd be all over that.

An ideal companion piece for the Epiphone line would be a Johnny Thunders Junior, this time a double cut style, in TV. And available lefty.

I'd also like very much to have a lefty version of a good Johnny Ramone sig model of the white Mosrite, as well as an accurate copy of the original blue one (as used on the first two or three albums, IIRC, was stolen about 77 or 78). The MIJ "Mosrite of California" official sig models are nice, but never seen a lefty... eastwood don't do a lefty of their version yet. I'd jump on the Eastwood if the did - it's about half the price, by the time i paid import tax, that the MIJ version is here. Eventually I'll probably get Tym guitars in Aus to hand-build me one (about the same price as the MofC MIJs). Ideally, I'd have one of each, but hey... money is very definitely finite!

I'd like to see a production run of the Fender custom shop Dick Dale model (though probably not a big enough market, i guess :( ), again available to lefties (those of us who don't play upside down!).

A lefty Jimmy Vaughn Strat would be great - the reason I'm planning to build my own vintage style Strat is to get the features of that model in a left handed guitar - bearing in mind I can't afford to buy a US Fender model with the soft vee neck and other appointments and then convert it as well.

Edited to add:

I also think it'd be really cool if somebody like eastwood (it'd fit their range perfectly) did a sig model of that home-assembled bitsa that Link Wray used to play - something like a Yamaha body, neck from something else, Teisco pups, banjo tuners.... virtually every bit was from a different guitar, and it had a really cool vibe all of its own.

And another Edit:

I'd like to see an Epiphone version of that Tom DeLong Gibson. Ideally lefty, though it would convert easily, so that wouldn't stop me.... also ldeally in a range of colours (or I'd have it refinished - i don't care for the brown). I'd fit a cheap Bigsby copy and a GFS hot retrotron, and that would be a very fun guitar.

• Members

Originally posted by Ostracized

If you could have a guitarist's signature guitar, created by a specific company, what would it be? Note, I am refering to signature guitars that do not exist to date.

Me: Jonny Greenwood Fender Telecaster.

MINE!!

Archived