Show me your Unique Guitars!

Devinstation

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No sir.....that's a Dean Tonic.....it's a model that didn't last long due to the 'unique' styling, and I snagged one during a MF blowout. Kind of cheap electronics, but it REALLY played well......great neck and it would stay in tune forever. I'll pick up another one someday....here's the rest of it:

dean4.jpg

• Members

Made in the heart of Bavaria:

1966 Framus

I've had it since, let me see ?

1966!

Framus.jpg

Has a violin shaped back, kind of parlor sized. Difficult to play. Has super low skinny frets and kinda high action. So kinda a POS, but rare.

• Members

Originally posted by curseoftruth

Schecter A5-X Celloblaster. 5-string guitar (this is not a bass). Often called a Pentatar. Tuned in 5ths. Killer clean tones and brutal heavy.

cb1.jpg

Do you have clips of that? I've been interested in those guitars for a while

• Members

Originally posted by RudeMood

:love:
Do you know the name of this Epi series Mazi?

They kick ass, huh? I would would to have any one of those, esp the Moderne w/Floyd! :D

The USA Collection: Limited Edition

Now in production is the limited edition USA Collection featuring four guitars designed by celebrated instrument designer Kurt Hendrick who has made guitars for rock's elite. He was commissioned by Epiphone to create an extreme line of guitars, the USA Collection.

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2001/mar15a.html

• Members

Those are "E Series" from Epiphone. Sold them I think in 98 or 99. GC blew them out $99 one Christmas. I bought one fo the Vs and my wife was pissed and made me take it back.

Ah man...that sucks. I'm sure they're going for a bit more than $99 now.

Nice Schecter BTW. :thu:

Originally posted by Mazi Bee

They kick ass, huh? I would would to have any one of those, esp the Moderne w/Floyd!
:D

The USA Collection: Limited Edition

Now in production is the limited edition USA Collection featuring four guitars designed by celebrated instrument designer Kurt Hendrick who has made guitars for rock's elite. He was commissioned by Epiphone to create an extreme line of guitars, the USA Collection.

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2001/mar15a.html

Thanks Mazi. :wave: They're all cool, but the Comet model is the most intriguing to me. It looks like a cross between a Moderne and a Vox Phantom. Plus the mini-buckers, bigsby, 25.5" scale, grovers, and nitro finish don't hurt either. :eek:

EDIT: I just read the part about the pickguards being recessed too. These just made their way to the top of my GAS list. Kudos for an awesome thread so far everyone. :thu:

• Members

weird guitars? hey that's my expertise :D.

elmayaflat.jpg

70's El Maya

kaycontrols2.jpg

70's kay wiht onboard effects.

fasan.jpg

60's fasan , terrible guitar, but a looker.

hsinmi-000.jpg

70's hsin mi, chinese /taiwanese???? kawai inspired guitar.

violin2-000.jpg

60's meinel und herold (DDR) violinguitar.

• Members

I've never recorded anything with it. I need to. The harmonics on the clean are really cool.

Yeah, man. Let me know if you do, I'd love to hear it both clean and dirty.

Archived