Show me your Unique Guitars!

Devinstation

• Members

Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

Here`s mine. It`s not an ultra rare collectors piece and isn`t even a pricey model, but it is discontinued and apparently wasn`t popular at all. I`ve never seen one except for mine.

100_0161.jpg

Hate to burst your bubble but I've seen Avril Lavigne on TV playing one of those.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All my friends know I am a semi-hollow lover, and except for the Coronado's & Jazzmaster/Jaguar's i do not like fender tthat much . . . and that is putting it ever so lightly, but . . .

. . . "Baxguitarman", i LOVE your TELE !!! :eek::love: :love:

Inever wanted someones guitar in the past, BUT that TELE of yours is soooooo beautifull !!!

Please can you tell me more about this model !

How much, back then $$$ ?

Where can i even try and find one !???

How much can i expect to pay for one ?

What do i have to ask for - model name/description and all that !?

That thing is just plain, BEAUTIFULL !

Any info will be great.

THANX

;)

• Members

Originally posted by trinilopez

beautiful!! how does it play/sound?

there is no trussrod in it so the neck is slightly bend, so the action is a bit to high, and no comfortable player anymore it's possible but that's all, it's one of the guitars i have in my collection strictly because it's rare.

sound is nice though, even has some weird wirng going on the 4th position of the pu switch makes it sound like a bass.

another rare but unplayable one in my collection.

lion-000.jpg

a lion teardrop, it stays out of some national pride.

just like this one from the same factory, egmond, and has a warped neck but hell for only 20 euro, the electronics is worth more than that.

typhoon-000.jpg

my rarest is this one a EKO baritone this is for the moment the only one known to excist.

ekolong2.jpg

and the latest addition a klira

klira4.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by wietse

weird guitars? hey that's my expertise
:D

elmayaflat.jpg
70's El Maya

OMFG

Haven't seen another one of those... ever :)

Do you know anything about them?

Here's mine (it's a bit changed, and more dented):

P1010187.JPG

d.

• Members

Originally posted by Koyote

OMFG

Haven't seen another one of those... ever
:)

Do you know anything about them?

Here's mine (it's a bit changed, and more dented):

the only thing i know is that they were made in the customshop of the maya factory, their top of the bill models, maya was welknown for their cheapo kopie's but that's all, it's a friggin'awesom guitar sweetest voice i've ever heard.

maya7middel.jpg

maya8middel.jpg

some nice catalog pictures for you :D, the EM-1100 was their middleclass of the EM series ,there is a errror on this catalog it say a bolt on neck (in german) on the EM-1100 that's wrong, only the EM-1000 is bolt on, the most expensive the EM -1300 is necktrough.

a guy on the dutch guitar forum owns four of these el maya's he's still looking for the EM-1300.

• Members

Originally posted by espenguin

MVC-028S.jpg
pizza.jpg
ibanez.jpg

All right, that's it! I've been meaning to petition the moderator for a long time, and now I'm doing it. It must become a law that if you post pictures of your guitars you IDENTIFY them. What the hell are those things? Surely you made them. And I'll quit calling you Shirley.

• Members

Originally posted by wietse

the only thing i know is that they were made in the customshop of the maya factory, their top of the bill models, maya was welknown for their cheapo kopie's but that's all, it's a friggin'awesom guitar sweetest voice i've ever heard.

some nice catalog pictures for you
:D
, the EM-1100 was their middleclass of the EM series ,there is a errror on this catalog it say a bolt on neck (in german) on the EM-1100 that's wrong, only the EM-1000 is bolt on, the most expensive the EM -1300 is necktrough.

a guy on the dutch guitar forum owns four of these el maya's he's still looking for the EM-1300.

I've heard about the 1300, never saw one though... looks ubesweet with that neckthru and cool knobs :)

Gotta agree on the tone, it's so {censored}ing sweet. Got mine for 400$ off some kid who got it as a gift from his uncle (who also had no idea where it came from), which is very cheap for a guitar around here, about the price of a good korean copy.

The uncle told me it's an early 80s model, are you sure it's 70s?

Also, is it actually worth anything? (not ever going to sell it, just to know)

d.

• Members
Originally posted by 2deaconblues

All right, that's it! I've been meaning to petition the moderator for a long time, and now I'm doing it. It must become a law that if you post pictures of your guitars you IDENTIFY them. What the hell
are
those things? Surely you made them. And I'll quit calling you Shirley.

AS I stated in an earlier post this person knows somebody:D

• Members

Originally posted by Koyote

I've heard about the 1300, never saw one though... looks ubesweet with that neckthru and cool knobs
:)

Gotta agree on the tone, it's so {censored}ing sweet. Got mine for 400$ off some kid who got it as a gift from his uncle (who also had no idea where it came from), which is very cheap for a guitar around here, about the price of a good korean copy.

The uncle told me it's an early 80s model, are you sure it's 70s?

Also, is it actually worth anything? (not ever going to sell it, just to know)

d.

early 80's late 70's who knows, at that time these looks were popular, this unique looking guitars even were used in the orange amp ads of that time.

value difficult to say differs from the country you live in, i've gotten mine for 100 euro with case, was standing on a local action site "nice starter guitar El Maya 100 euro", he realy didn't knew what he was selling. :D

i mailed that i was interested and the price was okay and to my amazement 5 minutes later i got answer "come and get it" jumped in the car and got it, only a 20km drive, i picked it up unshaven and terrible looking (had a gig the night before, just woke up :D ) but happy as a kid, a great bargain.

you paid a nice price for it, but that differs each country.

they are unknown by the most people, and they associate them with the cheapo maya's in the nagative way, and that's positive for the price if you want to buy one not for the seller.

the El maya is the kind of guitar when you want to sell it the buyer will fall in love with it and pay almost anything you ask, after they heard it singing.

great value for money guitars.

• Members

Heres my tele build project. Its a Squier affinty tele body, with a Columbus super strat neck.Each pickup has its own switch, and the bridge pickup will have a coil split. It will soon be recieving a tele humbucker bridge and pickup.

S'gonna sound shweet!!

Three humbuckers are the way forwards !!!

DCFC0168.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by aliensex

This one is very, very cool.
:thu:

Thanks, I like it too.

Originally posted by aliensex

How did you get it and how much did you pay? I really want a Ric like that one...
:cry:

I'll tell you, but you'll hate me.

First, lemme say that's she's quite a beater. Can't really tell from the pic, but she's been rode hard and put away wet a lot before she came to me. The bridge in particular, though still serviceable, is covered with rust, and the finish is marred by all kinds of sticker "ghosts" and dings and scratches.

That being said, she's one of my more interesting deal stories.

A little over a year ago, I had a chance to get a pristine 1999 LP Classic w/OHSC locally for $750 USD. Me being me, I didn't have anywhere near that kind of cash available, so I put a couple guitars up for sale. I sold a LP Jr. Special to an ex-bandmate of mine for $500, and also put up for sale a white Epi Flying V I bought w/OHSC for $250, on the local band website classifieds.

Didn't get any bites on the Flying V at first. Then an old acquaintance on the local scene offered me an intriguing deal for the Flying V. He couldn't buy it, but would I consider the 1991 Ric 620 in a straight trade for the Epi V? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hells yeah! Now admittedly that white Epi V was in VG condition, whereas the Ric 620 was all beat up. But I'd only paid $250 USD for the V! He came over to my office with the Ric, and we made the trade. No money changed hands, straight guitar/case for same.

It's not very usable in my punk rock and roll band, the feedback from those single-coil high-gains can get unmanageable at high volume levels, but I play her in church and with my side roots rock band (played her this last Thursday, in fact; my lead singer in that band has the same guitar in blue-- he paid $400 for his and that was a decent deal too).

I ended up selling my MIM Strat to a kid from my church to finish (almost) the financing on the LP Classic, which I also wound up getting.

:thu:

BK

64187964_178d5e6b9c.jpg

• Members

Dude that tele is looking NICE.

My pops has an Ibanez Musician, which was being made more towards the time when Ibanez was starting to make their own designs. It's pretty cool, pretty heavy. It has it's own kind of overdrive built in so it's tone is pretty hot, to. I like it.

Archived