Show me your Unique Guitars!

Devinstation

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok OK someone wanted me to identify my guitars, well here goes..... and yes i do know someone lol !! i have an endorsement, so it's pretty cool to be able to call with my weirdo idea and have the guitar made up. But The superman, heart and 5 neck in progress were made by Chris Woods , the swirled RG, swiss cheese and skull guitars were modded by my guitar tech Danny Bigtime.
The green skull is a modded ESP M - 1 , the flaming skull is a Charvel Model2
Some of the other curiosities are a , Kramer Gorky park pizza guitar, Killer starrion (the neon orange thing) , a prototype acrylic S series ibanez, ESP reverse random star, pink ESP kulick, i have a lot more guitars but those are my wacko ones.
i Have a ton more custom guitars in the works right now, so i'll post them as they come.

I love weird guitars from the 80s , i played in hair metal bands back in the day, now i do music for Movies and TV.

heres a couple more for your viewing pleasure, oh yeah and it's my Jackson Phil Collen archtops and my Scott Ian owned ESP
- Rudy

not01.jpg
MVC-027S.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by espenguin

Ok OK someone wanted me to identify my guitars, well here goes..... and yes i do know someone lol !! i have an endorsement, so it's pretty cool to be able to call with my weirdo idea and have the guitar made up. But The superman, heart and 5 neck in progress were made by Chris Woods , the swirled RG, swiss cheese and skull guitars were modded by my guitar tech Danny Bigtime.

The green skull is a modded ESP M - 1 , the flaming skull is a Charvel Model2

Some of the other curiosities are a , Kramer Gorky park pizza guitar, Killer starrion (the neon orange thing) , a prototype acrylic S series ibanez, ESP reverse random star, pink ESP kulick, i have a lot more guitars but those are my wacko ones.

i Have a ton more custom guitars in the works right now, so i'll post them as they come.

I love weird guitars from the 80s , i played in hair metal bands back in the day, now i do music for Movies and TV.

heres a couple more for your viewing pleasure, oh yeah and it's my Jackson Phil Collen archtops and my Scott Ian owned ESP

- Rudy

not01.jpg
MVC-027S.jpg

cool:cool: :thu:

• Members

Hey boomer, im really digging that amp! what exactly is it?

It's a Fuchs Train 45 . Loosely based on Ken Fischer's Trainwreck. Mine is in a custom Bob Burt mahogany head box and 2x12 loaded with Celestion Anniversary G12H-30's. It's quite the little beast!

I'm not all that pleased with the sycamore front panel on the amp so it's being redone with grill cloth matching the speaker cab.

train-quarter-800.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by Boomer

It's a
Fuchs Train 45
. Loosely based on Ken Fischer's Trainwreck. Mine is in a custom Bob Burt mahogany head box and 2x12 loaded with Celestion Anniversary G12H-30's. It's quite the little beast!

I'm not all that pleased with the sycamore front panel on the amp so it's being redone with grill cloth matching the speaker cab.

train-quarter-800.jpg

Very nice:thu:

Would you happen to know how close to the original the tone is?... and how it compares to the current Komets? I really love all the clips I've heard of the latter, but the only one based on the Trainwreck circuitry that I could reasonably afford is the Fuchs.

• Members

I've never played an original but I have heard numerous clips and videos. I have played a Komet but it was a couple of years ago. I would say that they are both in the ballpark but the Train seems to be a little ... more aggressive. Right on the edge of control and explosion. Huge, swirly cleans that I've never experienced before and raw aggression with my P-90's. Quite easy to produce musical, controllable feedback. Lots of fun to play!

HTH

• 1 month later...
  • Members

- Rudy

not01.jpg
MVC-027S.jpg

Mannnnn!!! That ESP is the one.

Guitar FTPM did an interview with Scott IAN back in the day when he first got that guitar. I think it was on The Persistance of Time.

Anyhow, Scott became my personal hero with his answer to the interviewers question. I think the interviewer thought that maybe Scott was doing some type of fretlees guitar on the album or so, but, he asked Scott something like this:

So scott is there any particular reason why the frets stop at the 12th fret?

Scott Ian (in true Scott Ian Fashion,): I don't play up there.

:thu:

• Members

I owned two different Hayman 2020 guitars, and sold both of them. I never liked the neck, but the giant magnet structure for both pickups, clear lucite pickguard, and spyglass hole in the headstock were distinctive. If I had one now I would keep it just for the looks.

hayman_2020.jpg

I also owned a Univox lucite bodied bass - a copy of the Dan Armstrong. I took out the non-functioning original pickups and put in EMGs and the thing ended up sounding like a bass synth - all fundamental tones and hardly any harmonics. Sold it to a guy who played bass in a band called The Blind Venetians in Virginia.

lucy_bass.jpg

Wish I had that now too. :(

• Members
Originally posted by groovetube66
I owned two different Hayman 2020 guitars, and sold both of them. I never liked the neck, but the giant magnet structure for both pickups, clear lucite pickguard, and spyglass hole in the headstock were distinctive. If I had one now I would keep it just for the looks.

hayman_2020.jpg

I used to own a Hayman 3030 with the 3 pickups. It sounded very Stratty until I got my dad to mod it with 3 humbuckers!:thu:

Archived