Just got a Gibson LP Studio - AWESOME

cc999

• Members

This guitar is absolutly amazing! I had a Gibson SG before this and traded up. Its like night and day! I chose the special edition Alpine White edition with an Ebony fretboard and Gold hardware.

The sound out of this guitar is simple awesome. Now I know what people mean when they say there is nothing like a Les Paul. I have been playing guitars on and off for 25 years and I also own a 50th anniversary Strat with the S-1 switching system. The sound of the LP blows the Strat away. It is now my number one guitar.

I got this baby for 999 at the Guitar Center out the door. I had my eye on this Alpine White LP for a while but at 1369 I could not afford it. If anyone is on the fence about the LP Studio I urge you to go to your nearest Guitar Center and try out the Gibson LP Studio. The price will not be 999 for much longer.

The action, intonation and fit of the guitar is absolutly perfect. It is so easy to play its unreal, and the sound is unmatched. I happen to also get (included) with the Alpine color the special white lined Gibson case.

Charlie

• Members

The LP Studio series is one of the saving graces of the LP line. It's a great guitar and now at $999, an amazing price to boot. I have a 96' in wine red and it WAAAILLS. That being said I think it needs a set up and maybe a new neck pickup, but beyond that It's perfection.

One question though, Is your's heavy? Mines pretty hefty but thats something I like in a guitar. I played a Custom Shop standard the other day at GC (Standard Specs with custom finish and a little bit different wood.) that was $2800 and I was very unimpressed by it compared to my studio. It felt so cheap.

• Members

Yet another player moving from strat to LP... It seems you skipped the in-between step of playing a tele, though :D

Congrats, those things are {censored}ing hot. If I hadn't just bought two Les Pauls in the last two months, I'd get a studio :cool:

• Members

I am told the differences between a LP Studio and a LP Standard are cosmetic only. It is basically the same exact guitar. This makes the Studio a great deal. Any LP experts out there to verify this?

Charlie

• Members

Jammer,

Beautiful! What year is that one? Does it have the Ebony fretboard?

This question for everyone:
What do you suggest as the best stings for a restring for the LP Studio? Brand and gauge. (playing mostly rock)

Thanks
Charlie

• Members

There was a time when the backs of standards were 1 or 2 piece and the studio could be 3 or 4 piece. Now AFAIK standards are commonly 3 piece, like studios. Also the standards are available with a number of specific neck profiles, while the studio you just get whatever profile they've decided on.

Archived