uniquely shaped beginner guitar wanted

stacerdamen

• Members

Ok, my gf's brother wants to learn how to play guitar. Normally I'd just hand him a strat copy and everything would be fine, but he want's to be unique. I saw him looking a B.C. Rich's at GC the other day, so, I guess my query is, what's the best uniquely shaped beginer guitar. I have absolutely no problem with used gear, but I'd like to keep the price under $150. Thanks for the help guys

• Members

thanks for the quick responses. I'll check them all out and also, this is an excuse to go to GC and local music stores on a semi regular basis. I want him to have something that he'll keep playing for a while, but I want a pricier instrument to be something he picked out and payed for. I'm on a pretty tight budget here

• Members

I was just kinda getting off on them myself. One review I was reading said that his black arrived showing very little wood grain and that it was mostly flat black. I only read a few reviews before I got bored, but it didn't seem like that was everyone's luck on the black.

But looks like everyone thought they got more than their 100 bucks worth. :thu:

Yeah, it's a neat looking guitar.

I may have to buy one myself some day for laughs.

• Members

Under $150? LOL. You might get real luckyand find something half decent used for $150. But shapes is gonna be of no consequence since beswt you can hope for is decently playable instrumentthat might be modded with better pups & tuners later.

Lowest priced very good guitar available at the moment is imo the BC Rich deluxe set neck warlock. Only available thru musiciansfriend and available for the absurdly low price of $249.99. Add either BC Rich deluxe gigbag ($49) or BC Rich hardshell case ($110)and yougot a very very good deal on a neck thru body warlock. Yes its neck thru body not set neck. Confirmed by BC Rich on that. Is nato mahogany neck & body wings, rosewood fretboard, 24 jumbo frets, white neck binding, dual BDSM humbuckers, one peice bridge with ind adjustable saddles. Vol, vol, tone, 3 way pup selector. Gloss Black with black hardware. You wont imo find a better guitar for anywhere near this low price. And yer friend likes BC Rich, so save up another $200 so ya can get him one of these & BCR deluxe gigbag while they last.

Overall I'd say you arent going to get a good guitar for less then $250 thru internet stores. Normally even at $250 budget its still best to buy used. In this exception you can get an excellent one for $250 and add cost of gigbag or hardcase.

This neck thru warlock isnt as aggressive as my IT warlock. Its maple neck and unusual neckjoint cause the sound diff. But for all mahogany neck thru the deluxe is excellent. Heres pic of my deluxe, yes is odd light glare on fretboard. O well Lol.

• Members

Originally posted by Ponec

It's $300 for the Silvertone Paul Stanley Pro guitar at Musician's Friend...

270446.jpg

-Ron

hmmm... i just saw the bass version of this in a pawn shop for $150.

is it a young kid? what about one of those cheap stratstyle headless' on ebay. unique and easy to cart around in a backpack or whatever.

Archived