The Forumite Photography Thread

Base

• Members

Originally posted by offramp

I used to do photography for a living. Kinda picked the steam back up on it over the past couple of years or so. Got myself one of the Canon D350 (AKA the Rebel XT in the States. I like D350 better...), and have been having a good time, but have been painfully slow on updating my website.

Older stuff

I love the "lone tree" picture. Are the ones in your "Client only" section just for one specific client or can anyone purchase one?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have posted this one also in the old Music Player forums, so someone had seen it, but I'll post it here again. It's a sort of "self portrait" in a greek island during sunset...

autoritratto.gif

It's not digital originally....full analog vintage 100 asa!

• Members

Wow, some amazing stuff on here....!

Originally posted by russrags

Uuuuuggggggg !!! !@#$%^&

I just got off the phone with Cannon Tech Support and then the next thing I saw was this thread.

Help me before I try to blow up Cannon.

I'm new to digital pictures and bought a Cannon PowerShot A70. and a 250 megapicle card. I LOVE what I've been able to do with the camera (I'll post some pic's too) however, at 9 months old the camera started taking Psychedelic pictures and had to go in for a repair ... now the camera is doing the same thing again and Cannon is being real dick's to me.

I think rather than repair the same problem for the 2nd time .. I might be more inclined to put my money into something else.

Any idea's ???

Thanks,

Russ

I have a 300D and not had any problems with it, I've only heard good things about Canon's support tho!? Have a look at this site and see if the problem has been mentioned in the forum: ePhotozine

If it hasn't, PM me a full description of the problem and I'll ask on there for you (it's

• Members

I bought my first real camera back in February, and I think i'm getting a little better, but I don't know.

I know these ones need some work on photoshop, but they're the ones I'm happiest with so far. I've done a bit of cropping, but I'm still learning the software.

There seems to be some really good photographers here - I'd appreciate some honest feedback...

asakusa.jpg

templedog.jpg

asamtemp.jpg

djgoodgreen.jpg

• Members

DougH, those are for a specific client; working on getting those as decor throughout 15 stores. The color version is rich, as well...situation calls for black and white.

I'll discuss it with the client, It's a slow process with them, but should pay off in many ways.

• Members

aclarke, the first one doesn't do much for me, it's slightly squint and is a bit dark on the left. If it was at night and you could get the atmosphere of the lights on the signs in the distance it would look cool tho.

The statue of the lion is cool, how did you get it so sharp while the background is blurred?? I can do that by throwing the background out of focus but I don't recall ever seeing it looking like movement blur, looks good!

The third one looks like a similar effect. If there was more detail on the left I think it would be a really good shot, but without it, I don't like it as much as the previous one. Still pretty good tho.

The DJ is squint, blurred and has lots of enpty darkness in it. PERFECT for that kind of shot, all I could suggest for that one is maybe try to get some detail in the DJ's head if you tried it again, but that is a good one as it is...

• Members

Originally posted by Base

aclarke, the first one doesn't do much for me, it's slightly squint and is a bit dark on the left. If it was at night and you could get the atmosphere of the lights on the signs in the distance it would look cool tho.

The statue of the lion is cool, how did you get it so sharp while the background is blurred?? I can do that by throwing the background out of focus but I don't recall ever seeing it looking like movement blur, looks good!

The third one looks like a similar effect. If there was more detail on the left I think it would be a really good shot, but without it, I don't like it as much as the previous one. Still pretty good tho.

The DJ is squint, blurred and has lots of enpty darkness in it. PERFECT for that kind of shot, all I could suggest for that one is maybe try to get some detail in the DJ's head if you tried it again, but that is a good one as it is...

thanks!

all of those shots were spur of the moment.

The blurring you see is accidental - a byproduct of using a handheld digital camera without a tripod in low light. or so I'm told. So as far as technique, I'll go with "luck".

The DJ shot was almost impossible to get. I was drunk out of my tree at 4am, and I decided to force my way onstage to smap some shots. That one was done without a flash, because the first shot with a flash had a yakuza type security guy threatening to kill me. I managed to get about 20 shots, and that one has the most light on the DJ. I've tried bumping the light up in photoshop with some success, but it loses the overall feel.

Next time.

(I bought security some drinks, so I know I can head back. )

• Members

...from a recent recording session. the drummer is Sonny Hogan, and the bass player is Steve Randall - both local boys.

This was originally taken with a Practica MTL3 built in 1980. I scanned the pics just a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers!
Spencer

edited to add: Oops...back in a few

• Members
Hopefully Ted won't mind that I'm posting these....

These are some pictures that I took of a few of Tedster's gigs. The first set are from a solo performance he did at the Westport Coffee House

closeup.jpg

tedster1.jpg

tedster3.jpg

This second set is from a Halloween gig Ted did a couple of years ago

phd.jpg

phd9.jpg

phd8.jpg

phd

ted

ted

• Members

I found out yesterday one of my pictures I entered in a local calendar contest has made the finals, I'm going to a presentation next month to find out if it has won!!! I think that means it will be featured in the calendar anyway, the top 3 pics get bigger prizes...

Just chuffed I'll get a pic published :)

• Members
Originally posted by MrKnobs

Thank you, dear!
:)

I posted THIS PHOTO on OJ yesterday. I just took it week before last while backpacking. For some reason everyone thinks it's fake.
:confused:

Terry D.

Terry,

i have some spectacular movie footage from exactly this area where "THIS PHOTO" was made. If you like to watch, i can upload a clip to a ftp server or a streamload account...

You can have a look at it at this website:
http://www.davidfortney.com/

• Moderators
Originally posted by UltraMambo

Terry,

i have some spectacular movie footage from exactly this area where "THIS PHOTO" was made. If you like to watch, i can upload a clip to a ftp server or a streamload account...

You can have a look at it at this website:

http://www.davidfortney.com/

Wow, those are some beautiful images. :eek:

Is this your main source of income?

Terry D.

• Members

My best friend is a great photographer. The picture on this (his) blog page is one he took of me more than a few years ago.

boom

The bottom right photo on the gallery to the right is me playing harp a coupla weeks laterrrrr.

Boosh, Sign and Han, he took some shots you might find interesting:

Am I in Dutch? Go to the Art Gallery.

tHANKyou

Archived