The Forumite Photography Thread

Base

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! Many, many fine shots here. :D

Sometimes I like to play with simple tools.

These shots are from the cheapest $15 digital mini cam I found at Fry's.

It's got major optic distortion and handles colors in a bit bizarre way.

These are taken on a local hillside... with a soupy fog coming up.

This is completely the camera... no effects used.

!mjs_2.jpg

!mjs_4.jpg

!mjs_3.jpg

!mjs_1.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Base

I found out yesterday one of my pictures I entered in a local calendar contest has made the finals, I'm going to a presentation next month to find out if it has won!!! I think that means it will be featured in the calendar anyway, the top 3 pics get bigger prizes...

Just chuffed I'll get a pic published
:)

Congrats, Base! The only photo I've ever had published was for a calendar too, I was one of the twelve selected out of 1,500 entries, it was a night shot of the Northern Lights reflecting in an absolutely still pond.

Unfortunately, a calendar called "Scenic North Dakota" will never be a world-wide best-seller. :(:D

• Members

I imagine that Woking Town Calendar will have a similar problem :D I'll post the image, but I entered a few and don't know which one they've chosed so will have to wait and see. There's nothing here that looks as impressive as the Northern Lights tho, now that sounds cool!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

God help us all...I'm famous...:eek:

Seriously, though, Ani, you're a great photographer (glad taking a pic of me didn't break your camera ;))...and so are a lot of you all on here.

I'll have wallpaper for my desktop for months to come! But, er, I hope you don't feel slighted, Ani, if I don't use my pics for my desktop...I wouldn't want this computer to break... :D :D :D

• Members

Originally posted by scoobydoobie

UstadKhanAli, awesome pioneertown pic, is that doctored to get all the blues in it standing out?

Thanks!!

Yes, several of the Pioneertown pics on my Eleven Shadows web site were punched up with PhotoShop. The other photos shown are untouched.

• Members

I dig dragonflies. The ones we used to get in Tallahassee, like the one you took a picture of, looked (if viewed from the side) like a cartoon character with big happy eyes a big smile on their face.

Sitting down by a peaceful little river in Excelsior Springs one evening, I watched a bright blue dragonfly patrol the weeds next to the riverbank. It flew up and back along a measured section of the bank, and you could almost set your watch to its passes.

They're just cool critters, IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

Is that the ruin of some 12th Century abbey?

It's the ruins of an abbey, not sure how old it is tho. We drove past it in the week and went back at sunrise on Sat, I'll try to find out some details about it. I plan on going back anyway, great place for photos...!

• Members

Originally posted by Base

Took some more this afternoon, been playing in photoshop (the last few had a bit more manipulation than this one tho)...

Does this look better in colour:

SmMotherandChild.jpg

or black & white:

SmMotherandChildBW.jpg

I'm a fan of Black and White.

But in this cases I think it looks better in color.:)

Archived