"The Israelites" - Desmond Dekker: One of the catchiest tunes ever.

GAS Man

• Members

Originally posted by fuzztone

Yeah,she was really young when record came out.I love her "Mod gear" complete with Beatle Boots .I used to have that LP and it had her picture wearing the same outfit on the cover on the cover.

More footage (no music), but she has the model good looks.

I love her.

:love:

• Members

Originally posted by xStonr

First Reggae song ever played on American radio.

man, i remember when it came out. i was hooked. didn't know it was called reggae or ska, just thought it was a damn catchy song.

AM radio back in the day used to be something else.... desmond dekker, followed by tony joe white, followed by ted nugent and the amboy dukes, followed by deep purple, followed by jeannie c riley, etc etc. that type of radio programming sure has gone the way of the dodo bird.

• Members

Originally posted by eric zwicky

man, i remember when it came out. i was hooked. didn't know it was called reggae or ska, just thought it was a damn catchy song.

Yep. I think I was five, and I really dug it. Of course, I never heard it again for fifteen years, and then one day, it shows up, and I'm like "THAT'S IT!" :idea:

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2u_613xl11w&mode=related&search=

My sister bought the 45RPM. I still have it. It was adopted for the movie "Drug Store Cowboy" - it never lost it's charm

Enjoy or Flame
;)

Ska and Skinhead Reggae from the early 60's till the Jah-Rastafar-eye years is great stuff. Isrealites was a big commercial hit, even on american radio. Dekker was the man.

Archived