Fav Beatles Electric Guitar Solo

rockraccoon

• Members

I'm an obsessed beatles maniac. juz wondering if they are any other members out there who share my love for the fab four. and if so wats your favorite solo from them

mine has to be george's emotional solo from 'let it be'(album version produced by phil spector, not the single version).

although i do dig paul's solo from 'Taxman' , as well as george and paul's work on 'and your bird can sing'

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got to be Taxman (on Revolver, played by Macca), though I have major love for George's Chet-ish break on All My Loving (With The Beatles - UK title,can't remember which US album included this track), cool Chuck Berry rip on Roll Over Beethoven (same album, in UK at least), hip Carl Perkins stuff on Matchbox (in UK, Long Tall Sally EP) and trippy backwards stuff on I'm Only Sleeping (Revolver again), and JL's sloppy-but-rockin' stuff on You Can't Do That (A Hard Day's Night). Then there's Macca's Esquire explosions on Pepper's Good Morning Good Morning ....

Plus Slow Down (LTS EP in UK) rocks.

Sheeeet. So much good stuff that this gets difficult, don't it ...

• Members

The Beatles are one of the few bands that I listen to more for the lyrics and overall enjoyment of a song rather than for specific reasons (riffs, solos, etc..) so I can't pick a favorite solo. Favorite song is almost as hard cuz the entire catalog is without equal, but if I HAD to pick, it'd be Lucy...

• Members

Man I can't believe nobody has mentioned "Hey Bulldog".

Too many great solos that fit the song perfectly to list them all, but here's some of my favorites"

"And your bird can sing" - Those twin guitar parts are just too tastey

"Something" - well duh!

"While my guitar gently weeps" - One of Claptons, and the Beatles, best

"Taxman" - Paul's a damn fine guitar player as well as a damn fine bass player and a damn fine singer and a damn fine songwriter. Damn!

"Nowhere man" - Classic solo for a classic song. Simple and tastey.

"She's so Heavey" - Tell it like it is John!

Man there are tons others but my brain keeps farting...

• Members

Originally posted by rockraccoon

I'm an obsessed beatles maniac. juz wondering if they are any other members out there who share my love for the fab four. and if so wats your favorite solo from them

I am also a Beatles fanatic. Can't pick just one solo. EVERTHING by the Beatles is good. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by RaVenCAD

The Beatles are one of the few bands that I listen to more for the lyrics and overall enjoyment of a song rather than for specific reasons (riffs, solos, etc..) so I can't pick a favorite solo. Favorite song is almost as hard cuz the entire catalog is without equal, but if I HAD to pick, it'd be Lucy...

+1

Archived