Fav Beatles Electric Guitar Solo

rockraccoon

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow where to start...all of them are so good. Me I like mellow stuff like "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Harrison. Or (even though it's not played in guitar) Eleanor Rigby when played on Guitar. Yesterday is also one of my favorite...I know I didn't mention a solo, it's just so hard with their music because as a whole it sounds so good to me...

• Members

I have to be honest, I've never been completely floored by any of the instrumentation on any of the Beatles tracks. I just don't think "guitar hero" when I think John and George. That said, they certainly had a knack for producing a complete package. I think of it as the inverse of a thread back here not too long ago: crap songs with great solos (although for the record none of the Beatles solos are "crap", just not timeless).

That said, I'd have to go with:
Something
Let It Be
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (even if it was Clapton)
Octopus's Garden (and for the record, Ob La Di doesn't grate my nerves)

But again, I find Something and Let It Be to have solos that work perfectly within the context of the song, despite not being extraordinary.

• Members
Originally posted by Fred Fartboski

George's tasty country lead work in "What Goes On". I had forgotten about that one and just heard it again last night.
:thu:

This is always my choice as well. I was begining to think I was the
only one who remembered it.

57GT:)

Archived