Musicinas friend ...screwed me up

Athiest_Peace

• Members

So today my Ibanez sas36 comes in from Musicians friend. I'm happy happy NGD excited. I open the box and lemme tell ya.. my smiles dropped to frowns and anger replaced the joy. The guitar was scratched to hell, the hang tags and warranty card missing, the trem arm wasn't even there.:cry: I promptly called and bitched and sent the guitar back, but what the hell? Isn't MF supposed to be the largest and best insturment internet retailer? If I would've suspected anything like this I would've drove the 4 hours to KC for their outlet wharehouse. Then I'd know exactly what I was getting before recieving someones used and abused return. Anyone else have this sort of trouble with MF? Or is this just a fluke?:confused:

• Members

Sounds like a fluke to me. Sure, there are the occasional poor employees who may allow things like that to happen (most of the time, I'm pretty sure they never see inside the box.), but I've never had anything but excellent service from them.

PaulS

• Members
So today my Ibanez sas36 comes in from Musicians friend. I'm happy happy NGD excited. I open the box and lemme tell ya.. my smiles dropped to frowns and anger replaced the joy. The guitar was scratched to hell, the hang tags and warranty card missing, the trem arm wasn't even there.
:cry:
I promptly called and bitched and sent the guitar back, but what the hell? Isn't MF supposed to be the largest and best insturment internet retailer? If I would've suspected anything like this I would've drove the 4 hours to KC for their outlet wharehouse. Then I'd know exactly what I was getting before recieving someones used and abused return. Anyone else have this sort of trouble with MF? Or is this just a fluke?
:confused:

{censored} happens when you order from MF.

• Members

MF service has nose dived over the years. I had almost the same thing happen to me on back to back orders of just damaged {censored}. One was a violin for my kid and the other was a bass pedal that was scratch and dent, but it was completely smashed and broken beyond repair. There is a difference. I got the pedal taken care of, but the violin ended up costing me money to fix because they couldn't guarantee me that a replacement would be in any better condition.

• Members

I had posted a thread earlier about the same thing. I had ordered a multi-effects processor from MF, and it arrived with dog hair, smudges, ripped up box...but all the documentation was there.

I called them and they're paying for the return shipping. I'm going to get a full refund and order from zzounds now.

• Members

-> Fluke

I've even bought blems from MF that were in far better shape than what you're describing.

They've screwed me over in other ways, like cancelling my order or taking a return and then not having a replacement for me when I was told they would have one.

But most of my shipments have been flawless.

But they are a little slower than they used to be.

They also tend to "over sell" a "lot". Kind of like an airline company that over sells seats to guard from cancellations.

But I've never received anything as F'd up as you describe.

• Members

I got a full refund also..and I'm going to the local shops so I know exactly what I'm getting from now on.

yeah, buying a guitar online / mail order is always a crapshoot.

though it seems like it might be convenient (and maybe necessary for some, depending on where you live) there's just too much potential for disappointment and/or hassle.

i don't think i would buy another guitar without actually playing it first.

• Members

yeah, buying a guitar online / mail order is always a crapshoot.

though it seems like it might be convenient (and maybe necessary for some, depending on where you live) there's just too much potential for disappointment and/or hassle.

i don't think i would buy another guitar without actually playing it first.

this = crap... it's rarely a crapshoot... there is hardly a high percentage of guitars shipped from reputable sellers like MF that come through completely messed up. I've bought almost ALL my equipment online, and I've never had a problem. There are always going to be flukes, but they're not exactly common.

• Members

I had posted a thread earlier about the same thing. I had ordered a multi-effects processor from MF, and it arrived with dog hair,......... .

What kind of dog hair was it?

I have a German Shepard and a brindle pit bull mix. They both like to eat cat poop.

• Members
I had ordered a multi-effects processor from MF, and it arrived with dog hair.

QUOTE]

I got a Digitech RP250 multi-effects unit from MF last week. I thought it had dog hair, but that was just the "Nazareth" setting.

And if you don't get that, you're not a fan of classic rock.

• Members
I got a Digitech RP250 multi-effects unit from MF last week. I thought it had dog hair, but that was just the "Nazareth" setting.

And if you don't get that, you're not a fan of classic rock.

HEART BREAKER SOUL SHAKER
I'VE BEEN TOLD ABOUT YOU
STEAMROLLER MIDNIGHT SHOULDER
WHAT THEY BEEN SAYING' MUST BE TRUE

RED HOT MAMA
DOWN LIGHT CHARMER
TIME'S COME TO PAY YOUR DUES

NOW YOU'RE MESSING WITH A
SON OF A BITCH
NOW YOUR MESSING' WITH A
SON OF A BITCH
NOW YOUR MESSING' WITH A