• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well, actually the reason I suck so badly is:

I like to turn up really loud and all the air that

the speakers are pushing cause my labia to flap

around and get in my fingers way.

That is why I don't play guitar in public much now.

:eek:

I don't play. I just buy them and debate about whether to keep them before the 30-45 trial period is over. Then I just hang them on the wall.

• Members
I rent out out bars and pay people to come up onstage with me and pretend to play. Then we take pictures.

That way I can post way cool photos and tell stories about drummers quitting the band onstage, and band relatives being thrown out of bars and other wicked pisser neato stuff. None of it really happens but I've been fooling you fellers for quite some time now.

Sometimes I can't afford to rent a bar so I just quickly kneel down in front of the stage between acts and have someone take a photo of me, and run away before security is any the wiser!

Jan212003BKkneelSmall.jpg

Yeah, well I pay people to play my guitars, and then steal pictures of you pretending to play off the internet and pass them off as me! :p

• Members

I rehearsed with my church group last night.

I fooled them into thinking I play guitar.

The music director is on vacation.....so I'm leading the church group in Mass tomorrow at 10:00AM.

I hope I fool the congrgation into thinking I play guitar too.

I found the trick with that is to avoid the flashier sects like Southern Baptists and Southern Methodists, because they're apt to have some Tele pickers in the congregation.

If you go with something stodgier like Lutherans (like I did) they're apt to have never even seen an electric guitar before, and they certainly won't have heard one played live. They'll be so astounded that the things with strings can make a sound come out of a big black box they'll believe you can play!

At any rate, having heard you play in person, I know better than to believe your claims above!

• Members
I'm guessing "NO"

I play about 3 hours every day + 1 hour for practice = 4 ours
when have more time then all day :D
anyway that is a good question because I feel that here are too much guys that just buy equipment and gas for it, more than they playing :)

• Members

Most times I just sit around with a magnifying glass, micrometers, multimeters, etc. smelling, measuring, and comparing them.

I'm working on my ability to be the ultimate judge and jury on what is truly good and what is not through pure scientific means, using the name on the headstock as a basis for comparison. I disassemble them so I can evaluate things like the quality of paint finish in the control cavities, the luster the solder joints, and the brand and values of the capacitors and other electronic components used. Then, I hook them up to meters to measure critical characteristics such as resistance, timbre, and resonance. I stroke the fur in the cases to gather the ambiance of vintage. The metallic components are each subjected to complete spectral anaylisis to determine the exact alloy content as well as ultrasonic evaluation to determine the effects on resonance as well as electrical conductivity. (As a side note, I'm currently devising and extremeley sensitive microphonic device that can measure the exact amount that the wood breathes through various finishes.)

After careful analysis of the base mechanical components and their interaction with each other, I conduct an extensive genealogy to see exactly when everything was done and by whom in order to confirm exacting pedigree - starting with the harvesting of the trees and mining of the ores, then continuing through each phase of construction, finish, and adjustment.

I surmise that if the evaluation takes at least ten times longer than the actual construction phase of the instrument, the results will be sufficient. All this requires extensive mathematic calculation using logarithms, deltas, and T-factors, which I hold proprietary in order to protect my standing at the top of this field.

Of course, all of this evaluation is performed in an atmospherically controlled environment, wearing a lab coat and white gloves so none of the mojo is affected.

It's more of an analytical exercise than an artistic adventure.

Actually playing music on them would just be a distraction. :D

Archived