Rockstar: Van Halen next year - that's the rumor

felix

• Members

Originally posted by Jotown

I never said the concept was bad. My comments were on VH and their history of difficult relationships with their singers.

The show may be a great concept, but that doesn't undo how bored I have been with VH for a long time. Thats why I won't be watching.

It's not even true Mr salty dawg,but if it was I'll be glued to the T.v Ed is the King:p

• Members

Originally posted by VH5150

It's not even true Mr salty dawg,but if it was I'll be glued to the T.v Ed is the King:p

There is no doubt that Eddie is a great guitar player and that he is perhaps the most influential guitar player of the last 20 years. That being said; Van Halen the band has not done anything that I have found interesting in a very long time.

Thats all I am saying.

• Members

Originally posted by Jotown

There is no doubt that Eddie is a great guitar player and that he is perhaps the most influential guitar player of the last 20 years. That being said; Van Halen the band has not done anything that I have found interesting in a very long time.

Thats all I am saying.

Thats why he needs to break from the band and do his own thing.

I've heard a recent interview with him and he's tired of the same ol same ol too.

• Members

You guys suck:p I clicked on the link but didn't see anything,

and find it hard to believe.

Just play them some of your tunes...You do have some music

don't ya?
:eek:

I'm sorry, what was that? I started reading your post but fell asleep. :)

• Members

Thats why he needs to break from the band and do his own thing.

I've heard a recent interview with him and he's tired of the same ol same ol too.

what on earth could keep him from doing his own thing?

i'm one of the biggest eddie fans out there but until he hooks up with Donn Landee again, I don't think we'll ever hear the "eddie" that we all enjoyed.

For some reason he's been stuck on these weird minor, baroque type of scales for like the last 8 years.....and his guitar sound has got to change....i wish he'd go back to just an amp and a guitar....

• Members

and..

Why is it that these bands think I wanna go see them with SOME DUDE in place of THE DUDE....?

REPLACE Freddie Mercury????

WHA?

REPLACE DLR???

WHA???

Very few musicians are irreplaceable, UNLESS they are impactful to the genre (i.e. EVH), but fewer singers are because of the unique qualities fo the singers voice. It is just not the same.

• Members

It seemed that Sammy Hagar worked well for a while.

When you change the lead singer you can still sound pretty good. It does change the sound of the band though.

Take Audioslave and Velvet Revolver. The band sounded different enough that the bands decided to change their names.

Then there's the Creed -> Alterbridge lead singer change, but that's a different story.

• Members
Originally posted by Base

I really hope that's just a rumor
:(

I never cared for INXS and still felt sorry for them when I heard they were doing this, I really don't want to see VH go down the same way. Maybe we could have a whip round if they are doing so badly that they need to resort to this...?

I don't believe for a minute this is true. But on the outside chance it happens this would be a pathetic end to a once relevant band.

I think Eddies drinking/health problems have really got the best of him, and it would not surprise me a bit to see him just fade into oblivion. That is the saddest part of all.....

• Members

I can't understand why people think this?!? GM did an ok job on one of Queen's weakest songs, have you heard the new live album with Paul Rogers? Now that is a rock singer and he does a fantastic job! They chose the songs he performs on very well and it works....

• Members

"Some people are wondering whether QUEEN will be the next band featured on the "Rock Star" TV series, but Brian May says forget about it. On the official BrianMay.com website, the guitarist wrote, "Ha! Apparently they are voting on us being in the next show?!!! Ha! Ha! Can you imagine? I don't think so! For any number of reasons...so don't bother voting for us, folks!! I mean, REALLY!!! (as Fred would have said!)."

"Rock Star" producer Mark Burnett, the man behind "Survivor" and "The Apprentice", told The Edmonton Sun that QUEEN and VAN HALEN are among the bands who need a frontman, but he stopped short of announcing either one as doing the show. Burnett also said the show could wind up putting together an all-new group. "

Full Story HERE

HUGE sigh of relief....

• Members

Originally posted by offramp

word. I couldn't understand why that didn't happen.

Paul Rodgers? WTF? Talk about a mismatch.

Being both a big Queen and Bad Co. fan, I didn't get it either until I heard it, I was actually very impressed by Rodgers. I didn't think he had that kind of range. it's different, but it works...

Archived