Tedster blows through town...

offramp

• Members

Ahhh...breakfast with Tedster.

It was great to finally meet a forumite!

Ted spent the night in Frisco, CO (didn't realize he was just a few miles from Breckenridge...DOH!); woke up to about 5 or so inches of snow. He sure was anxious to get down to this altitude, so he could breathe (whatta lightweight...:D).The drive took longer than anticipated, and he took one exit too early, but he got to our breakfast meeting spot, the Blue Sky Cafe and Yoga (it turns into a yoga center after lunch). Pretty funny...we were keeping touch by cellphone for directions...at one point, he called me and I asked where he was..."I'm at the Blue Sky, I made it"...and I'm standing about 15 feet away from him on the other side of a car, talking to him, not realizing we were that close. Great breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon, good coffee, great conversation. Lots in common.

Ted picked up the tab. Totally unnecessary. Greatly appreciated; I realized, only after we'd gotten back on the road, that I didn't get a chance to thank you, Ted, so....THANKS!

As I type, he's probably only barely past the airport, if at all. He's got a long haul ahead o'him. He's gonna try to make it back to KC by tonight. :eek:

So, here's us, taken about an hour ago. Nice big gust of wind right as the shutter went off gave us a bad hair morning (as usual, my picture leaves lots to be desired). At least we got the Phil O'Keefe 'thumbs up' in there!

TedandDave.jpg

(p.s. Ted...you really oughta think about relocating here, mister. Just sayin'...

• Members

Cool pic, Offramp Dave! I blew into KC about 9 pm for my son's engagement party. Everyone had left. So, I just polished off a nice nuked pork roast, mashed taters and kraut dinner, and I'm sitting here nursing what's left of a bottle of Chardonnay.

I enjoyed the heck out of meeting you! And that goes for all of the most excellent folks I met during my trip!

Yeah, this morning I called Dave to let him know I made it to the restaurant, and he laughs and says, "I'm about 15 feet behind you watching you talk on the phone" HAR HAR... :mad::D :D But it was no biggie...I just took the wrong (er...) "offramp". HAHAHAHA...

P.S. Great pic, bad hair and all!

• Members

Originally posted by gearmike

Offramp,

Tedster's the first forumite you've met? You haven't met up with any of the local Denver cats?

I only know of shniggens and hendmik. After the dissolution of the Pol Forums (thank God), I've hardly seen him participate. Must be busy with his dog.

hendmik, I've no idea what happened to. I know he lives not too far from me--like, oh, four miles or so--but that's it.

Tedster, shinggy lives in Aurora. Aurora's always in the news. Let's leave it at that.

• Members

Originally posted by offramp

Tedster, shinggy lives in Aurora. Aurora's always in the news. Let's leave it at that.

BTW, Offramp, we should trade houses. There is no reason that a person that does not ski should live so close to the mountains!!! :D

Archived