Tedster blows through town...

offramp

• Members

I was originally going to leave the car there. But, when I got there, the girls were griping that there wasn't much parking where they were, and the city was having a great time ticketing and towing cars. So, they're doing okay on bus and subway passes...so I brought the car back. If they change their mind, it'll give me a reason to go back (shrug)...

• Members

Ah yes, that Looooong drive from Denver to Kansas City!! I recall "driving the red-eye" one time, as the full moon rose over the open high plains of eastern Colorado...I actually had to put on a pair of shades at 10:30 at night!!

Sorry, our band hasn't been playing any nightclubs lately. One of the owners of "O'Dowd's" in the Plaza District wants us to play there, but the guy who usually books the joint is resisting. :confused:

If we book it, I'll let ya know.

• Members

I was originally going to leave the car there. But, when I got there, the girls were griping that there wasn't much parking where they were, and the city was having a great time ticketing and towing cars. So, they're doing okay on bus and subway passes...so I brought the car back. If they change their mind, it'll give me a reason to go back (shrug)...

SHEESH... they shoulda figured this out before you boughtened them a car and drove it out there, risking life, limb and sauerkraut....

However, public transportation is teh scheezi IMHO. If I lived near buses and subways i'd pretty much never drive. I spent two and a half years in Phoenix, AZ and for two of those years I never owned a car.

• Members

Originally posted by Tedster

I think it's a good thing they're living without a car. When I first moved out of my parents' house, my car kept breaking down. After a few hundred dollars in repairs each month I was so broke I had to move back in with my parents.

And public transportation can be great for meeting people:wave: or just people watching:eek:

How are the girls doing in their job search?

• Members

Originally posted by shniggens

BTW, Offramp, we should trade houses. There is no reason that a person that does not ski should live so close to the mountains!!!
:D

1) No WAY am I living in Aurora. I like living, for the most part. And I like the stuff I have. I live a bullet-free existence. Pit-Bull free, too.

2) I snowshoe, mister...I need to get up there as much as you do.

• Members

Originally posted by offramp

1) No WAY am I living in Aurora. I like living, for the most part. And I like the stuff I have. I live a bullet-free existence. Pit-Bull free, too.

2) I snowshoe, mister...I need to get up there as much as you do.

Jesus! You must watch too much TV or SOMETHING. Aurora is a big city, probably the biggest in size (geographically) out of all the cities in the Denver area. So when you hear of {censored} going down in one part of Aurora, it is probably miles and miles away from where I live.

The best thing about Aurora, though, is there is actually some cultural diversity. Have you noticed the further west you go, everything just gets WHITER? :D

Anyway, I bet if you saw my house and my neighborhood, you would reconsider.

('Bout tired of you dogging my 'hood, mister)

Archived