CNB Les Paul case from Rondo Music?

Hoddy

• Members

Anyone have a CNB case? How are they? They are very similar looking to the brown Gibson cases. I need a case for my Greco Les Paul. I don't gig anymore and would only need a case for occasional use. Think this would do the job?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Guitar-Case-for-Gibson-Les-Paul-LP-New-Arch-Top_W0QQitemZ220083222878QQcategoryZ7266QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

It'll do the job, but there are certainly better cases out there. It's more of a semi-hardshell than a true "tank".

Have you looked into Gator cases and SKB on the MF site?

No...I'll check them out!:thu:

• Members

Also check out the Epiphone hardshell LP case. Well made for the $.

+1. They are made by TKL, who was making the Gibson cases too at one point I believe...

I have the Epiphone SG case and 2 Flying V cases and they are the best value for the money. :thu:

• Members

So are they pretty decent cases?...I would probably only use it three or four times a year.

I have the Explorer type CNB case from Rondo, and I'd have to say it feels kinda flimsy. It's a decent case, but the Epiphone ones are definately a step up for not much more.

• Members

Does the epiphone case have the big epiphone logo on the top?

BTW, the generic MF case is only $40!! I might get that one since I rarely carry my guitar around. I don't need a really nice one.

Voice of experience:

The MF cases look much better than they are. One word: flimsy.

• Members

I have an Epi case for my AlleyKat - it's nice, but I wouldn't call it a tank. I also have the Rondo case for my Epi LP, I'm VERY happy with it for the price paid. Nice secure, tight fit. For occasional use you can't go wrong with either the Epi or the Rondo case.

Pics...

1-LPCase4.jpg

1-LPCase3.jpg

1-LPCase1.jpg

• Members

I would say the Rondo case is slightly more rigid than the Epi case, but both should offer the same degree of protection. I wouldn't want to check them at an airport or anything, but to throw into a back seat or trunk they're fine.

Strange, the Epi Dot case I had (1998 if that makes any difference) was nearly equal to the one that came with my PRS in terms of rigidity and protection. Just as heavy, too.

It seems like there's quite a bit of variation here.

• Members

Does the epiphone case have the big epiphone logo on the top?

BTW, the generic MF case is only $40!! I might get that one since I rarely carry my guitar around. I don't need a really nice one.

I have owned both the Epi cases and the MF cases. The MF cases are about the same build as the EPIs. My MF case was not flimsy whatsoever.

Archived