Gear group shots...

moestock

• Members

Holy crap, that's a lot of equipment. Remember my post about trying to understand my GAS? Forget it, I need to get more.

Haha, it's pretty ludicrous ain't it? Of course it took me, literally, hours to set all that stuff up. Then I noticed that my oldest guitar, which has "issues" and so is next to never played, was still back at Casa Krashpad! :eek:

I then, rather foolishly, left it all set up overnight and came back the next morning with the last guitar. Fortunately nothing fell over overnight.

004_04.jpg

Of course, three months later I was in a pawn shop and... now the group shot is out of date! :mad:

Here's the whole batch of guitars with the most recent pawnshop prize (the hundred-buck semi-hollow top right) included:

419428956_3bc4d0d9f4_b.jpg

This coming week is Spring Break for my kids, and the rest of my family is going out of town, so maybe I'll buy a 6-pack and waste an evening setting it up all over again with the new gitbox included.

• Members

I love the banjo that's stuck in the back of the picture. Does it get much playing time?

Technically that's my dad's. Or was. I borrowed it to put a track on the Crash Pad CD a few years ago and when I told him I would return it after the mixdown, he just said to keep it (he has a second, much nicer banjo).

I don't play it near enough. :( It will be used to do our punk rock version of "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" on the next Crash Pad CD, some day.

BK

• Members

What's the reddish Moderne-based guitar?

For lack of a better name, it's 'Myderne', a guitar I built last year loosely based on the shape of a Moderne. It WAS gonna be Moderne-shaped, but I decided that I would make a few changes that I liked better. Here's a better look at it:

rednblackyr3.jpg

I also built the little black one in the background many years ago, but the shortage of frets on it has limited its use somewhat. I just put that ProTubes humbucker in it this year and it sounds pretty cool.

-Mikey

• Members

Every guitar with its own pick, nice, you must be rich! I like the "suspenders" on your amp rig, I might be looking into a cab for my C30 soon.
:love:

yea, i'm rich... i can afford a pick for each guitar :freak::D

the "suspenders" are because i don't trust my cats... i have one who likes to jump up on top of the C30 and i don't trust her :thu:

a cab to your C-30 is a nice addition... added much bottom end to my tone... :thu:

• Members

For lack of a better name, it's 'Myderne', a guitar I built last year loosely based on the shape of a Moderne. It WAS gonna be Moderne-shaped, but I decided that I would make a few changes that I liked better. Here's a better look at it:

rednblackyr3.jpg
I also built the little black one in the background many years ago, but the shortage of frets on it has limited its use somewhat. I just put that ProTubes humbucker in it this year and it sounds pretty cool.

-Mikey

Cool. I take it these are both bolt-on necks?

• Members

Yep, the one on the red guitar is a Mighty Mite that I bought on eBay (a really nice neck for a cheap price). I reshaped the headstock a bit to make it match the body shape a bit more and glued a piece of veneer from the leftover body material so that it would match the body when it was finished. The black guitar has a neck from an old Danelectro (well, Sears actually) guitar that I took apart long before anybody considered that they might actually be collectible someday. I also reshaped that headstock, and I have NO IDEA what ever happened to the rest of that guitar.

-Mikey

• Members

Dunno, he seemed like more of a Strat guy to me
:D

haha ya know, the girlfriend (she's a player herself, so she understands the GAS) was bitchin at me recently saying i needed something else!

considered a V for a bit, but after noodling around on a few, didn't much care for them. i really dig the firebirds, though. might have to pick one of them up soon. or i could continue my slash geekness and get a mockingbird. :)

• Members

haha ya know, the girlfriend (she's a player herself, so she understands the GAS) was bitchin at me recently saying i needed something else!

considered a V for a bit, but after noodling around on a few, didn't much care for them. i really dig the firebirds, though. might have to pick one of them up soon. or i could continue my slash geekness and get a mockingbird.
:)

Not gonna try anything but Gibby's? :lol:

My wife is a player but she still doesn't like how many I want to buy. I think my next purchase is gonna be an SG. Anyhoo, Good Luck on the next one!

Archived