Why Isn't Ronnie James Dio In The Rock'N'Rock Hall Of Fame?

Bbreaker

• Members

He used to be in a band that played mixers at my college every weekend.They were called Elf.Actually They were called the Elves when they used to play at my school but then they got into a car crash and one of them got killed.Later they reformed as Elf.

• Members

Theres not room for RJD at the moment as well as other great deserving Rockers. The R&R Hall of Fame too worried about inducting rappers and other undeserving pop/rock/??? commercial-industry acts. They are the Rolling Stone Magazine of Halls for Fame. Cant wait to see Britney and Lil Jon become members in the near future.:(

• Members

Dio as a solo artist doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame. sorry but he's cheesy as {censored}. BUT Rainbow should definately be in there. Ritchie Blackmore is so good that he balances out Dio's annoying voice.

anyone remember the boots he wears in the holy diver video?? i think he stole them from a 3rd grade girl.....

• Members

why would he be?

I have nothing against him and I like the 2 or 3 songs he is famous for but other than inventing the
2024.metal.101.1.jpg

I dont see his contribution to the music world that says he should be in the HOF.

replacement singers usually dont make it in.

Texas University Longhorn fans used that hand gesture centuries before RJD

did.

• Members

I mean some of the artist they induct are a joke. But that's right, the Hall IS a joke.

bingo - the RnRHoF is a farce. Entrance (except a few charity cases) is based on record sales - sorry but they let in a hip hop dude this year, and already had Michael Jackson and many more non-rockers in there. IF they wanted to be the music hall of fame, that's fine - but as a rock and roll hall of fame....it's sad.

• Members

bingo - the RnRHoF is a farce. Entrance (except a few charity cases) is based on record sales - sorry but they let in a hip hop dude this year, and already had Michael Jackson and many more non-rockers in there. IF they wanted to be the music hall of fame, that's fine - but as a rock and roll hall of fame....it's sad.

Well generally record sales = fame. It's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Talent or the Hall of Innovation.

They do use a VERY broad definition of Rock n Roll though... :freak:

• Members

Being recongnized and one of the most important and top vocalist in heavy music is enough for him I'd imagine. I agree, his solo work does little for me, but the work with Rainbow and Sabbath are amazingly good. May 3rd, Heaven and Hell! Can't wait to see this lineup again. Saw on the Mob Rules tour and they just kicked major ass. Reviews for the new shows are indicating that this is one the best concerts of the year, Dio sounds great and Iommi is just on fire.

• Members

I'm 43 and have been to many, many shows. I've been going since I was 13. AT 14 I went to see Kiss Rock&Roll Over tour and Robin Trower In City Dreams tour. Rush many times. Sabbath with Ozzy on never say die with Van Halen opening up after their first lp. I've seen it. Dio was very good in Sabbath. I wish I'd seen him with Vivian Campbell though I did see him with Doug Aldridge a few years ago. Dio is very good-----totally professional. He should have gone in with Sabbath. He was the best of three good Rainbow singers---Joy Lyn Turner, Graham Bonnet, Dio. I think his struggle to find another great guitar player for his solo band hurts him. After playing with Blackmore and Iomi he needs someone good to play with.

Archived