Rare SG

• Members

Whats that SG called? I just seen one on craigslist by me... Dirt Cheap. matter of fact the guy E-Mailed me and wanted to work out a Trade for a Fender I had on craigslist. But I rarely entertain Trade thoughts. I usually have a specific plan in effect when I'm selling electrics. And its USUALLY for another AXE I'm GASSING for!

• Members

Those covers fetch a bit on E-bay. Never cared too much for the looks of the top mounted panel sg's but the Bigsby on that one kind of balances it out.

I agree..............I much prefer the SG Standard look. Or the early LP-SG look. But thats not saying they are not good electrics? Never owned one so HONESTLY.............I'm not the one to speak on it!

• Members

All original 1970 SG Deluxe with factory fit Bigsby and embossed covers? You seen many?

Actually, yes. They aren't exactly a dime a dozen here in the States, but not uncommon. Those old top-routed SG's mostly came with Bigsbys, and the embossed PU covers was done for a good 3 years or so. I have two Gibby's with embossed PU's myself. Generally, because they are top-routed, these guitars still pull far less in the used market than others.

Archived