Was the guitar supposed to come with anything?

ILikeGuitar

• Members

I bought an Ibanez RG2ex2 from GC on memorial day.. I took it off the back wall and brought it to the register. Was I supposed to get a bag or warranty card or anything? He just scanned the tag on the guitar and I left with it in my hand.

• Members

Dammit
well the guy asked me if I wanted to buy a cable or a bag with the guitar... so i assumed that nothing came with it.. but it was really weird that i dont get anything with it

I still have the receipt.. but I threw the tags out. can i still go back?

• Members

You have to ask them for the crap, it seems they just unpackage the guitar and throw away anything else, or take it home, because it's probably an "inconvenience" to them. Don't expect them to care that you get your money's worth, that's up to you at a lot of these places. Customer service, hah! It's sad.... :rolleyes:

• Members

what you do is you go the their dumpster after they close and you will find tons of plastic ziplock style bags that usually contain a really crappy cable that will work for 4 days and 2 allen wrenchs. most suppliers ship these with the guitars but guitar center has a "buy our good cables" policy.

• Members
what you do is you go the their dumpster after they close and you will find tons of plastic ziplock style bags that usually contain a really crappy cable that will work for 4 days and 2 allen wrenchs. most suppliers ship these with the guitars but guitar center has a "buy our good cables" policy.

:thu:

• Members

You're supposed to negotiate all that {censored} along with the price of the guitar. If you don't ask, they're not going to give it to you. Sometimes you ask and they still don't give it to you - but I don't shop at stores like that. I can get better prices and service on the internet.

• Members

surprisingly enough a lot of guitars come with nothing these days, you buy a guitar and you get a guitar

Most of the Ibanezes I see these days (>$300 and more) come with an Ibanez gigbag and strap though.

• Members

I avoid that place like the plague. Every salesman likes to decide for you what you are looking for and won't show you anything else. I've been in there twice (GC) with the intent to buy something and ended up going to a local store and paying more because of the attitude. Walmart for Guitars is what we call it.

• Members
I avoid that place like the plague. Every salesman likes to decide for you what you are looking for and won't show you anything else. I've been in there twice (GC) with the intent to buy something and ended up going to a local store and paying more because of the attitude. Walmart for Guitars is what we call it.

Guitarget :wave:

• Members
You have to ask them for the crap, it seems they just unpackage the guitar and throw away anything else, or take it home, because it's probably an "inconvenience" to them. Don't expect them to care that you get your money's worth, that's up to you at a lot of these places. Customer service, hah! It's sad....
:rolleyes:

+1

• Members

I can't find it right now, but there is a comment on the GC website that states: Unless otherwise noted, all guitars are sold without cases or bags.

I stumbled across it the other day when doing some price comparisons. It's buried pretty deep, but I know that statement is in there. What you need to do is look at the hang tag. It'll state whether anything else comes with the guitar.

• Members
I bought an Ibanez RG2ex2 from GC on memorial day.. I took it off the back wall and brought it to the register. Was I supposed to get a bag or warranty card or anything? He just scanned the tag on the guitar and I left with it in my hand.

They should at least give you a cardboard box :mad:

• Members

GC team hug?

btw im slowly beginning to despise gc

Heh. Its just a matter of time before everyone begins to despise the guitar warehouse that doesn't care about the customer. Thank God we still have several independent music stores in my area.

Archived