Please stop me... NGD Again!!!!!!!!!

OGG

• Members

I think I need to enter re-hab for guitar addiction.

My local GC suddenly just happened to have this 1987 MIJ Strat with the ever so rare System 1 Locking trem that I'm so fond of...

Picture045.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Picture046.jpg

They Wanted $550.00 for it. I got 'em down to $400.00 with a free Fender gig Bag. Not a great deal, but not bad.

It's in PERFECT condition. It looks like somebody bought it new in '87 and put it away. It's already been re-strung and well played here at home.

The Verdict: AWESOME!

Still... That's 6 NGD's in about as many weeks. I must be stopped before I kill... 'er'... buy again. :)

OGG

• Members

They Wanted $550.00 for it. I got 'em down to $400.00 with a free Fender gig Bag. Not a great deal, but not bad.

you are wrong sir, that is a great deal. :thu:

why do you like the system 1 over 2 & 3?

• Members

you are wrong sir, that is a great deal.
:thu:

why do you like the system 1 over 2 & 3?

Thanks, and I'm not sure why I so love the System 1... I guess it's most likely because it was the first locking trem type I ever owned. My 1985 MIJ Contemporary Telecaster that I bought brand new in '85 has one (yes, I still own it) and it's just "comfortable" to me. I know how to tweak them and tune them. Floyd's are still the caca as far as I'm concerned. I do like the Kahler's though.

Anyways, I have played this new toy almost to death already and I simply love it! I guess it actually was a great deal! :D

OGG

• Members

That's actually a great deal, particularly if you plan to keep the guitar for a while. The late eighties Fenders, whether MIA or MIJ, are expected to be the next 'hot collectibles' for afficienados of the brand.

:thu:

~Blackbelt

• Members

pics?

Pics of?.... You mean the '85 Tele?

If so, Here's a pic of it dis-assembled next to it's brother ('86 MIJ Contempo Tele with the same set up...)

telecasters007.jpg

OGG

Archived