Just ordered a SX SST57 Strat!!!

nyck

• Members

Kso, the strat GAS has taken over and I have finally succumb to it's powers.

I've been wanting a cream white strat with a maple neck and single coils for a long time and now I'm finally gonna have one!

The reason I didn't get one in the past is mainly because I primarily play metal, and it just didn't seem that feasable to own something I would play every once in a while.

Well now I'm in the process of starting an alt/indie rock band and this is the guitar I want for it!

{censored} emgs for a nice half, clean half overdriven, jangly, twangy, sweet sound.

• Members

i have the same one. decent guitar. Stiff tuners, the nut is garbage, it needed an intonation and setup, but not bad for 99 bucks!

Yea I heard they had really cheap plastic nuts ..but when I emailed Kurt he said All the New guitars now have either graphite or bone nuts ..well see mine should get here shortly.

• Members

Wow, I just noticed that the shape of the body is slightly different from a true Fender strat. I thought it was just the headstock but apparently the body is different as well.

Hmm where? ..I have a vintage white fender hanging on the wall right in front me ..looks the same from what I can see.

• Members

The horns are slightly mainly the upperm actually both, very slightly different and the SX is a little wider. I suppose it has to be or the lawsuits would start flying like they did with the LP copys.

• Members

Guess we better buy now before they have to cut half a horn off
:D

I think at one time the headstock was the same as a Fender, I could be wrong though. It would have been cool to grab one of those and throw some pups and maybe some better tuners on it.:) I might be might wrong about the body but I am pretty sure the horns are slighty off.

• Members

I think at one time the headstock was the same as a Fender, I could be wrong though. It would have been cool to grab one of those and throw some pups and maybe some better tuners on it.
:)
I might be might wrong about the body but I am pretty sure the horns are slighty off.

It was.

sx2.jpg

Archived