• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArKay View Post

Where's Krashpad?

See avatar Sean!

In addition to the Daisy Rock I have a Brownsville that's burgundy mist, which I suppose some manly men would feel a bit froufrou as well:

419396776_8ba65ee8cc.jpg

{censored} Bri, I love that Brownsville:eek:

A pink guitar called BROWNSVILLE....nudge nudge, eh, nods as good as a wink to a blind bat eh? nudge nudge

• Members

Many years ago I coulda gotten a late 70s/early 80s PINK Dean Cadillac (before Dean became vintage) for a song - from a one man vintage and used gear shop. On the inventory list (pre-internet) it said something like Dean Cadillac, PINK. Get this thing outta my life for just $250 !

• Members
{censored} Bri, I love that Brownsville:eek:

A pink guitar called BROWNSVILLE....nudge nudge, eh, nods as good as a wink to a blind bat eh? nudge nudge

Haha, is she a goer then? Like to take pictures?

Anyhow, thanks.

That Brownsville was a total fluke. Was out buying some Cub Scout uniform supplies (of all things) with my son a few months ago, and the uniform place was a couple blocks from a pawn I'd previously gotten a fair deal ($175 USD) on an Epi G400 SG a couple years back.

So I figured I was in the neighborhood...

It was set up kinda badly, such that it had a pretty bad rattle. Asked the pawnbroker to borrow a screwdriver and fixed that just by raising one side of the bridge a bit.

It was tagged at $150 USD. I queried (don't! ...) "How much you asking for the Brownsville?" And the clerk comes over and says, sotto voce, "I'll give it to you for a hundred even."

Ka-ching! SOLD! At that time I didn't own and had never owned a semi (even a cheapo bolt-on), plus it has 3 alnico toaster-top singles (middle pup RW/RP!), another configuration I didn't have, so it was a perfect fit both budget-wise and feature-wise.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. :thu:

• Moderators
Ka-ching! SOLD! At that time I didn't own and had never owned a semi (even a cheapo bolt-on), plus it has 3 alnico toaster-top singles (middle pup RW/RP!), another configuration I didn't have, so it was a perfect fit both budget-wise and feature-wise.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
:thu:

3 toasters and a wrapover to boot. The pickups OK? Is that a common brand in the US? From what I can see they're a Sam Ash brand or summat?

• Members

3 toasters and a wrapover to boot. The pickups OK? Is that a common brand in the US? From what I can see they're a Sam Ash brand or summat?

Yeah, they're a Sam Ash house brand of some sort. Not real common, at least not down here in Florida (iirc the Sam Ash chain started in New York). The pickups are actually very cool, low-output with a lot of character, and with the middle one reverse-wound/reverse polarity the 2 and 4 positions are dead quiet. But even at 1, 3, and 5 they're not too noisy. My bandmate's USA Strat makes as much if not more noise.

• Members

IMHO:

My generation (baby boomer) thought pink was a girlie color. GenX and younger people do not carry that stereotype. So pink is OK...

I'm not a big fan of pink guitars, but, Frets stickered guitar looks cool though, so maybe pink is a good base color to me.

I wouldn't carry it into a biker bar gig though...that would just scream, "pick on me".

• Members

Both look like good guitars. The pink makes the SG look a little 80s for my tastes.... I'm not quite so sure it works for me. The LP looks fab, though. Definitely second the idea of it in Surf Green.... I also love the idea of pink sparkle on it. I remember epi did a line of sparkle top LPs in the early 90s - they looked fab, the blue and green the best, but unfortunately they didn't do em lefty, so I never got one.

I'd jump on something like that LP, I know it's totally not a vintage design, but those LPs always put me in mind of the late 50s - like a sort of baby Gretsch 6120 - i think it's the semi-hollow body plus the Bigsby that does it. Nice. I'd much rather that than a figured top - I'm just a solid colour guy. Looks really hot rod - you'd need a pink 56 Caddy to go with it. :thu:

Archived