NGD: CIJ Fender TL62B-82TX Tele (NOT for modem users)

ArKay

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The originals look a little out of place IMHO. I like the Wilkinson bridge...

yhst-50206111187217_1959_9161020

Had it on a Johnson tele once. I may replace the saddles only though since the bridge has Fender stamped on it.

That's the one I bought. GFS sells the entire bridge for less than anyone else sells the saddles alone for. The chrome bridge was out of stock when I bought it so I had to get a black bridge. I just used the saddles myself.

• Members

That's the one I bought. GFS sells the entire bridge for less than anyone else sells the saddles alone for. The chrome bridge was out of stock when I bought it so I had to get a black bridge. I just used the saddles myself.

It's still out of stock, yup. Since the saddles are the same I may as well also get the black one, hadn't thought of that! :thu: Do the old screws fit?

• Members

beautiful guitar, congrats..

how's it play??

Thanks.

I have buzz on the higher frets since there is a lot of neck relief. Hoping to get it set-up tomorrow. But so far it feels a little weird since I have only been playing my Schecter for the last 5 weeks. The neck will take some getting used to (for ME), so do the small frets.

• Members

It's still out of stock, yup. Since the saddles are the same I may as well also get the black one, hadn't thought of that!
:thu:
Do the old screws fit?

Yep. I used the original chrome screws instead of the black screws that came with the bridge.

I almost used the black bridge on mine but I like the contrast of the chrome bridge with the black body.

DSCN2122.jpg

DSCN2109.jpg

• Members

^ 57'? Looks just like mine back at home. :o:cry:

My night started with a curiosity of how a LPB strat/tele would look with anything-but-white-pickguard. Then it just spun into a crazy obsession with browsing for blue guitars. :o

Personally, I've been thinking about this all night:

01.jpg

Or maybe I'll just opt with this one and take the body :o:

02.jpg

..or a Bonnie Raitt signature :o

379876.jpg

• Members

That blue color is awesome! and your pics really show it!

That's really a beauty!

HNGD!
:wave:

PS I scored the black Wilky Tele bridge on ebay a couple of days ago for like 24.45 DELIVERED from GFS. Watch their auctions.

Thanks! :) I thought he stopped selling on eBay, added 2 to my watchlist :thu:

Edit: Looks like there will be no more GFS auctions for sure after August 31.

Archived