NGD: CIJ Fender TL62B-82TX Tele (NOT for modem users)

ArKay

• Members

Soooo I didn't have ANY time for playing this thing since I got it last monday (have to finish a project) and just got to taking pics today. It's not even set up yet. :(

I had ordered it from Ishibashi in Japan and it took a week to arrive since they had to order it from Fender Japan. Then they needed a few days to receive, inspect and ship it.

It came well-packed in an un-padded gigbag inside a bubble-wrapped box. Service & communication with Ishibashi was fantastic, thanks to Rachel!

It's a beautiful guitar and has tiny, tiny frets and the neck feels a little different from my other guitars, but I think I can get used to that. :) The fretwork is fantastic. Also I don't think I've ever seen those bridge saddles before. Are those vintage correct or something? I think I may have to replace them.

The finish is great and it feels very solid.

Specs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thread steel saddles are period correct for the early '60's. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up switching out to compensated ones eventually, they really are useful.

That is absolutely, drop-dead beautiful. That finish will really stand out in a crowd.

• Members

Double bound teles are the best looking guitars ever. Great choice of colors, and it it's anything like my CIJ Jazzmaster, it's top quality top to bottom.

Nice score. I'm gonna have to order one of those. I always wanted a double bound fiesta red tele.

• Members

The thread steel saddles are period correct for the early '60's. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up switching out to compensated ones eventually, they really are useful.

That is absolutely, drop-dead beautiful. That finish will really stand out in a crowd.

Here's my rant on intonation copied and pasted from another thread. (I'm not talking about you here Wyatt:-)

I play my guitars all the time and I'm a stickler about playing in tune, but I gotta tell you that some people are way too obsessive about the small stuff. I wonder if they are really players or whether they just tinker and mod their guitars aimlessly.

The thing about intonation is that it changes all the time. When the neck expands or contracts, which happens all the time where I live, it throws the intonation off.

On some songs, you press harder on the frets to bend or do a pull-off. This throws the intonation off. If you are playing a barre chord and putting pressure on the back of the neck, your intonation will be off. If you use any vibrato with your left hand, it throws the intonation off.

So I don't obsess about those things. I set up my guitars twice a year and then play them.

• Members

Double bound teles are the best looking guitars ever. Great choice of colors, and it it's anything like my CIJ Jazzmaster, it's top quality top to bottom.

Nice score. I'm gonna have to order one of those. I always wanted a double bound fiesta red tele.

They also have a model with a Fender Bigsby. I think it costs $150 more or so. :)

Model list:

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/fender/2007fender/telecaster.htm

My model:

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/fender/2007fender/tele/tl62b82tx.htm

62B107BTX (with Fender Bigsby style vibrato).

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/fender/2007fender/tele/tl62b107btx.htm

• Members

Hey, there it is! I wondered what had happened to that. :D

Nice grain on the neck, love the logo, tuners and finish. Interior paint's a little ragged but the routs themselves look clean, clean clean. Switch, pots and caps look to be the same ones I got... I tried to read the markings on the volume pot cap but even under a glass I couldn't make heads or tails of them.

Turns out the neck profile on mine is the thinnest I've got on hand, just thinner than my Schecter and with a shorter fretboard radius. How's yours?

I just swapped out the guts on mine tonight but it looks like it's going to be a day or two before it's ready to show off.

Vintage frets... I don't mind 'em at all, really.

Hope you like it, it should be a well- built axe. :thu:

*edit* Phillips truss rod adjust and no headstock plug... crazy! :D

• Members

That is {censored}in' beautiful!
:thu:

I have a '52 with the 3-saddle bridge and the intonation is perfect.....so it can be done!

Thanks! Good, I will have to live with them until I get back to Germany in 2 months so I have plenty of time to decide. :D

• Members

Hey, there it is! I wondered what had happened to that.
:D

Nice grain on the neck, love the logo, tuners and finish. Interior paint's a little ragged but the routs themselves look clean, clean clean. Switch, pots and caps look to be the same ones I got... I tried to read the markings on the volume pot cap but even under a glass I couldn't make heads or tails of them.

Turns out the neck profile on mine is the thinnest I've got on hand, just thinner than my Schecter and with a shorter fretboard radius. How's yours?

I just swapped out the guts on mine tonight but it looks like it's going to be a day or two before it's ready to show off.

Vintage frets... I don't mind 'em at all, really.

Hope you like it, it should be a well- built axe.
:thu:

*edit* Phillips truss rod adjust and no headstock plug... crazy!
:D

Yeah, the routing really is great. :) The neck has the same specs as yours so it's probably the same? Oval shape, 42mm nut, 324mm scale. It really feels different from anything I own somehow. Or maybe it's all in my head since I only had my Schecter Tempest to play with for the last 5 weeks.

The vintage frets are nice, and the fretwork is great, you can't feel them when you slide along the neck.

I will probably leave it totally stock if the bridge saddles don't give me any headaches. :) Lots of love so far!

Truss rod access sucks :(

• Members

LPB
:love:
! (..I have a thing for blue guitars.)

Did you have it shipped to Nanchang?
:freak:

That's a beautiful guitar, I've been eyeing a MIJ '62 as well.. but with the Bigsby.
:eek::love:

Yeah, got it shipped here. Why not? I will have to stay here for another 2 months and I NEEDED a tele :love:

I was considering getting the Bigsby model (for $150 more) for a minute, but didn't do it. I dunno.

• Members

That is beautiful! I love double bound Tele's and that color looks great with binding. Pure class.

My Edwards Tele had the same saddles and they were fine but I went with the Wilkinson bridge w/compensated brass saddles from GFS since it was only about $30.

HNGD_CZJ.jpg

Archived