WHO IS THE BEST GUITARIST TO EVER BE IN KISS???

GretschGuy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Carefull ,You start throwin names around like Bela Fleck and Sam Bush and we might actually have to take your word for it that you know what you are talking about.
;)

Someone asked who the best player in Hootie and The Blowfish was. The guy I mentioned (Mark Bryan) is a great guitar, dobro and lap steel player. Check out the mentioned record.

• Members
I was one of them. I can honestly say I almost certainly would not be a guitarist if it wasn't for Ace Frehley. Yeah, he wasn't that interesting -- king of the one-note solo, right? -- but he was sure as hell influential. Back when I was eight years old there was no one cooler than Ace.

:thu:

• Members

Someone asked who the best player in Hootie and The Blowfish was. The guy I mentioned (Mark Bryan) is a great guitar, dobro and lap steel player. Check out the mentioned record.

I have no problems with any musicians in Hootie. I love a mean dobro myself.

Jerry Douglass for example.

Its their songs I cant stand.

Hes not a baby because the dolphins make him cry.........

Hes a baby because he writes songs about dolphins that make him cry.

• Members

I have no problems with any musicians in Hootie. I love a mean dobro myself.

Jerry Douglass for example.

Its their songs I cant stand.

Hes not a baby because the dolphins make him cry.........

Hes a baby because he writes songs about dolphins that make him cry.

I really only remember some song that had most of its lyrics taken from a song on Blood on the Tracks.

Never really knew much about the band but I like Sam Bush a lot and usually try to get anything he plays on.

Mark Bryan is a great multi-instrumentalist. I only mention him because someone asked who the best guitar player in Hootie and the Blowfish was.

Maybe the black guy was better, as I said I don't know much about them but Bryan can play really well.

• Members

You're 10 years old

At your first real concert............KISS of course.

Screaming guitars,thundering drums,smoke,flames,blood,explosions........................:cool:

Now 30 years later you want to dissect this memory with music theory and technique:freak:

You wanted the best,you got the best........AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCEEEEE!

:D

• Members

Between Jimmy Page in the early 70s, and EVH in the late 70s/early 80s, Ace was THE most influential electric guitar player for a generation of kids.

true. and Gene Simmons discovered Van Halen.

KISS doesn't get the props they deserve. Maybe not technically proficient but they were great showmen, wrote some very catchy songs, and influenced an entire generation. Who cares what Jan Wenner thinks?

• Members
You may not know this but Vinnie Vincent also took Randy Rhodes place as Jackson's spokesperson and was the staff songwriter on 'Happy Days'.

Very talented guy and a good songwriter.

Bruce Kulick played in a band with Michael Bolton and also is in Grand Funk Railroad and played with Billy Squier.

Both of these guys are great players.

Ace made a whole generation of kids pick up the guitar

I would say Mark Bryan is the best guitar player from Hootie and The Blowfish. End of the Front is a great record and he has some great players on there (Sam Bush and Bela Fleck to name a few).

This is a very responsible and articulate answer!! :thu::thu:

Archived