Post pics of - Guitars with Zebra Pickups

Johansolo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lot's of nice guitars in here.I personally love the look of zebra coil humbuckers on natural and 'burst finishes.I currently have three zebra Duncan loaded guitars...a '95 Hamer Studio Archtop in '59 burst,a '00 Washburn WMS Maverick Studio in natural mahogany and a '94 Washburn/Grover Jackson MG-120 with quilted maple top in cherry sunburst.Unfortunately,I'm unable to any upload pics at this time.

...carry on.

Ed

• Members

Those particular pickups were hand wound in reverse blk/crm by Steve Blucher at DiMarzio. Or as Mick Donner at Dean Guitars put it; "Steve Blucher and I designed these back when we were first courting Michael (Schenker) building some of the first black/white Dean V's. We wanted to get the same basic character as the Gibson pickups he was used to, but we wanted to get rid of the mud and mush that is so indicative of those pickups. Everybody who tries these things are blown away by them. I had Steve hand-wind a set of blk/crm for me and I've had them stashed in my desk saving them for a special occasion." And he was kind enough to pass them on to this beast!

Archived