Amp won't come off standby

tulk1

• Members

Hey All. My Vox AC30 is acting up a bit. Won't come off standby. Switch clicks, but no pilot light, no sound. Never had this happen before. Not in this manner. Any clues? Something to look for? Lord I hate opening up this monster. But if it's tubes, can do. Any thing else is a trip to the repair shop. Thanks,

• Members

Oh yeah, China made!!

And the fuse was the first thing checked. :thu: Isn't that fuse across the mains, anyway? Meaning no lights at all if it was bad? I can hear something ramping up when the switch is flipped. But still no glow.

• Members

Oh yeah, China made!!

And the fuse was the first thing checked.
:thu:
Isn't that fuse across the mains, anyway? Meaning no lights at all if it was bad? I can hear something ramping up when the switch is flipped. But still no glow.

Could be anything from a bad switch to a burnt out rectifier (yours should be solid state, not tube), to a shorted filter cap, to a bad power transformer.

• Members

Just called a local Vox service center. Turns out it's a guy I used to use (mumbly mumbly) years ago for my Fender repairs. Had no idea he was still around. Taking it over tonite. Be interesting to see what it actually is: switch, rectifier, something else. Will report back when I find out. Thanks!!

• Members

Just called a local Vox service center. Turns out it's a guy I used to use (mumbly mumbly) years ago for my Fender repairs. Had no idea he was still around. Taking it over tonite. Be interesting to see what it actually is: switch, rectifier, something else. Will report back when I find out. Thanks!!

good luck!

Archived