NGD - Gibson SG

putz1337

• Members

4ae9_1.JPG

i actually really wanted a standard but my broke ass bought the faded. plugged her into my jcm2000 dsl 100w halfstack and my ears are ringing. this guitar kicks some ass. i don't care for the bridge pickup but the neck pickup is hot n sexy. i was really worried about the neck size and finish. the neck was very comfortable in my hands. after playing for about an hour the neck fealt real good. i was worried it would become tacky from sweating, i was wrong.

i'm thinking about swapping the bridge pickup, adding some pickup covers, and maybe slapping on a sg trussrod cover for extra mojo. any suggestions for a bridge pickup?

• Members

i'm thinking about swapping the bridge pickup, adding some pickup covers, and maybe slapping on a sg trussrod cover for extra mojo. any suggestions for a bridge pickup?

Just roll off your treble two or three notches and live with it for awhile. The bridge pickup can seem a bit harsh at first but you can tame that nasty with the tone control. I found it was real handy having that nasty when I needed it. If you play a lot of mellow stuff though, maybe not.

• Members

yay more fadeds in the forums, happy new guitar day!

i put a gibby 57 classic plus in the bridge of mine. a lot better IMHO, i liked the stock neck pup but i switched it with a 57 classic and it rocks

HPIM6513.jpg

i think the chrome covers really pull together the guitar cosmetically as well

• Members

yay more fadeds in the forums, happy new guitar day!

i put a gibby 57 classic plus in the bridge of mine. a lot better IMHO, i liked the stock neck pup but i switched it with a 57 classic and it rocks

HPIM6513.jpg

i think the chrome covers really pull together the guitar cosmetically as well

:love: very sexy looking. how do you like the bigsby? any intonation problems? more pics please.

• Members

Just roll off your treble two or three notches and live with it for awhile. The bridge pickup can seem a bit harsh at first but you can tame that nasty with the tone control. I found it was real handy having that nasty when I needed it. If you play a lot of mellow stuff though, maybe not.

thanks for the advice. the bridge pickup seems muddy to me. i'll try messing with the tone some more and see if i can get something i like.

• Members

love it. Does it bother you not having Trap inlay? That's my main roadblock to buying one, so I was just wondering.

at first it somewhat did. i got over it real fast after having a nice rockout session with her. the faded seems to have its own sexiness. the natural finish is just plain pretty and feels good. a few mods and i think this thing will be my main axe. i've been eyehumping it for 5 months and finally broke down. i say go for it!

• Members

Nice SG! Happy new SG Day.

I stuck a set of Burstbucker V's (now called pros) that I had lying around in my parts bin on my SG Standard and I really like them. I had 57 Classics for awhile, but the BB's have a bit more ringing roundedness (huh:confused:) to them and they really drive my Marshall into early distortion, which is why I bought both the SG and the Marshall in the first place.

Archived