UPS shipping = RIP OFF!

pimphat22

• Members

Funny how the buyer conveniently threw the box away. Even the village idiot knows to treat a UPS delivery like a crime scene and keep the evidence, especially when it looks obviously damaged. I would tell the seller ... sorry it's your problem you threw the packaging away. You should have called UPS before you did anything. I think he's playing you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just feel like a dick if i take this guys money for a busted amp....I feel like i'd be ripping off and i'm not cool with that ya know? Damn...i'm broke too
:cry:
Damn! I'll have to just wait and see the pics and take it from there. Thanks for all the replies!

You should know better than to trust this guy.

After all you ARE from New Jersey. ;)

• Members

You might be right, but the OP should refuse it anyway. If EBay/Paypal takes it out of his account, then he can come back and tell the rest of us.

I say screw the Buyer too but unfortunately he'll get his money back whether you like or not.

• Members

Not to get hung up on semantics, but "reported" isn't the same thing as who files the claim. I dealt with UPS for 7 years at work, and they always told us we had to file claims for items we shipped. We would have loved to get out of it....

Nope.

From the UPS website:

Damage to a package can be reported by a
shipper, recipient, or by UPS.

• Members

Not to get hung up on semantics, but "reported" isn't the same thing as who files the claim. I dealt with UPS for 7 years at work, and they always told us we had to file claims for items we shipped. We would have loved to get out of it....

I was in the shipping business for over 20 years. I had many reps. Some knew policy, some didn't. Trust me, reported vs. inititated is the same thing.

• Members

Fair enough, thanks for the info. I wish I still worked there, cuz I could be the hero for the day. Or maybe the month :).

I was in the shipping business for over 20 years. I had many reps. Some knew policy, some didn't. Trust me, reported vs. inititated is the same thing.

• Members

Oh man. I just bought a guitar out of the country and the seller couldn't ship it through USPS so he went ahead and shipped it with UPS; the package was too big. It's already here in Canada. I hope it gets to me in one piece *crosses fingers.* I once ordered some car parts shipping through UPS and the box was crushed and the metal frame was bent. I was too innocent to believe that it was the shipping company's fault. But now that I think about it....

Then I see videos like this and I lost all hope that my package will get here safely. I also heard from an employee of UPS that they don't care if it says fragile on the package; they will still toss it around...

I asked the seller of the guitar to buy shipping insurance before he shipped it. He didn't mention it at all.... At least with insurance, I can at least argue if they effed up..

• Members

saw those Youtube clips. AMAZING A-hole comments.

No, what pisses me off is that all the "workers" take their attitudes out on OUR STUFF

It's simple, if you have a job you don't like > QUIT

Stop F'n up people's stuff for your pissy ass moaning whining and complaining beaetch !

I bought a 2x12 cab, and the MAGNETS busted off and smashed the hell out of the cabinet and tore both speakers. How hard does it have to be dropped to bust Magnets off Eminence Swamp Thangs??? Even paid extra on the OSize

F*^K UPS

• Members

I bought a 2x12 cab, and the MAGNETS busted off and smashed the hell out of the cabinet and tore both speakers. How hard does it have to be dropped to bust Magnets off Eminence Swamp Thangs??? Even paid extra on the OSize

F*^K UPS

holy {censored}!!!! those mother{censored}ers!!!!

• Members

Hey all, just gotta blow off a little steam:mad:

I sold my old Crate Blue Voodoo head on ebay a little while ago to a buyer in Seattle. Upon receiving it he informed me that the head was damaged pretty bad. Now, i have allways used UPS and i ALWAYS go the extra mile to pack very well and insure the items i sell in case of damage. I asked the buyer to call me and the description he gave as to the damage is horrible! The entire front of the amp was caved in and even a couple of knobs were broken right off!! He fired it up and of course....nothing...it's dead. Well let me tell ya...i'm pissed!!!! I went crazy packing that thing for shippment . I had it wraped in 70 feet of bubble wrap, Had cardboard corners stuffed in the first box, as well ass those air pillows and then boxed it again!! You would have to do a whole hell of alot to do the damage he has described.

Well guess what...
UPS WONT HONOR THE CLAIM
!
:mad:

WHY???

Because the buyer threw the packing box out!!!!

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!!??

I just got done yelling at the ups person i talked to but to no avail. Now i have to buy this broken amp back from this guy i guess.

It just seems to me that once UPS picks up a package...THEY are responsible for it. ESPECIALLY If i purchased the extra insurance!

Anyway, just a heads up to everyone using UPS.

do a google search for "UPS INSURANCE CLAIMS" and you'll see all the horror stories.

Just had to vent.
:mad:

Sorry to hear that. I can't believe this guy was dumb enough to throw out the packing material. Sounds a little fishy to me. Could have broken it himself, then blamed UPS. That just stinks!

• Members

I just got an amp shipped to me from about 4 hrs south of me by UPS- the box actually had been ripped open and someone had stuck a little tape on the edges, the corners were smashed and packing peanuts were strung all over my lawn- fortunately the amp was wrapped tightly in bubble wrap and tape and under a mile of packing peanuts- and the CD I had also bought as well as the footswitch was stashed in the amp so whoever rummaged around in the box found nothing-I know the guy I got it from and I know it was packed and taped thoroughly- UPS will almost never pay a full claim , but sometimes partial- I agree with the other posters though- I think this dude is scamming- no one in their right mind would accept a package like that and than not keep the evidence- I know a guy who bought a guitar on EBAY, found it had a hairline crack in the neck and sent back to the seller- the seller then claimed it was damaged in shipping and acted like he was the buyer- somehow in the process the neck became splintered off of the body- you have to watch out- I do buy off of ebay but musical stuff generally only from actual music stores or people I know and trust-

Archived