UPS shipping = RIP OFF!

pimphat22

• Members

Hey all, just gotta blow off a little steam:mad:

I sold my old Crate Blue Voodoo head on ebay a little while ago to a buyer in Seattle. Upon receiving it he informed me that the head was damaged pretty bad. Now, i have allways used UPS and i ALWAYS go the extra mile to pack very well and insure the items i sell in case of damage. I asked the buyer to call me and the description he gave as to the damage is horrible! The entire front of the amp was caved in and even a couple of knobs were broken right off!! He fired it up and of course....nothing...it's dead. Well let me tell ya...i'm pissed!!!! I went crazy packing that thing for shippment . I had it wraped in 70 feet of bubble wrap, Had cardboard corners stuffed in the first box, as well ass those air pillows and then boxed it again!! You would have to do a whole hell of alot to do the damage he has described.

Well guess what...UPS WONT HONOR THE CLAIM!:mad:

WHY???

Because the buyer threw the packing box out!!!!

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME!!??

I just got done yelling at the ups person i talked to but to no avail. Now i have to buy this broken amp back from this guy i guess.

It just seems to me that once UPS picks up a package...THEY are responsible for it. ESPECIALLY If i purchased the extra insurance!

Anyway, just a heads up to everyone using UPS.

do a google search for "UPS INSURANCE CLAIMS" and you'll see all the horror stories.

Just had to vent.:mad:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's hard to believe is that the buyer had damage bad enough to cave in the front of the amp and DID NOT save the packing material.

Noting how well you packed it I'd be skeptical.

The guy is either a moron or he's trying to scam you and UPS.

I say tough sh*t for the buyer. His fault not saving packaging.

That kind of damage would wreck the box it came in.

Dope.

Ask him for pics of the amp.

• Members

What's hard to believe is that the buyer had damage bad enough to cave in the front of the amp and DID NOT save the packing material.

Noting how well you packed it I'd be skeptical.

The guy is either a moron or he's trying to scam you and UPS.

I say tough sh*t for the buyer. His fault not saving packaging.

That kind of damage would wreck the box it came in.

Dope.

Ask him for pics of the amp.

I've been in steady contact with him and i feel pretty confident he's telling the truth. However ...i will get pics of it ;)

• Members

UPS is god awful, easily the worst.

I had a Martin HD-28 shipped to be, in came in shambles, I was charged a $400 dollar brokerage fee, it was packed well, filed a claim, claim denied. All for what? Why the hell have insurance if UPS doesn't honor it? What a mess that was....

• Members

I hate to say this, but I would let the buyer eat it. I ship lots of stuff and both ends should know about damage claims. Something sounds wrong with this story. People do weird {censored} on Bull {censored} Bay. I have had people claim refunds for not receiving their goods. I had proof of signature and they still got their money back. Also people wanted discounts for shipping damage. I had it in my add to save all packing material for any damage claims. No packing material, it's yours, no refunds, no discounts. I don't deal with {censored} Bay or their little bitch company Paypal at all anymore.

• Members

He bought it. I wouldn't give him a {censored}ing cent. I won't even sign for something that's beat up, and I'm sure as hell not going to throw away the box. You can also be damn sure I'd take pics of it before I even opened it. Someone this dumb needs to learn a lesson, and there's no reason for you to be out $$.

• Members

i had an amp shipped to me through DHL... the guy didn't even pack it good at all. two thin boxes taped together to form 1 box... filled with news paper...

however... it came to my front door in perfect shape, the amp worked, the make shift box looked like it was handled carefully at all times.

try and go with DHL if you can.

• Members

Man I've heard alot of horror stories lately about UPS. Time to start using another carrier.

eh, they're all pretty much equally bad.

for as many people who say they've had nothing but positive experiences with fedex and UPS smashed their guitar and killed their dog, you hear an equal number of stories from people who love UPS and hate fedex, etc

• Members

He bought it. I wouldn't give him a {censored}ing cent. I won't even sign for something that's beat up, and I'm sure as hell not going to throw away the box. You can also be damn sure I'd take pics of it before I even opened it. Someone this dumb needs to learn a lesson, and there's no reason for you to be out $$.

+1

• Members

ya something does sound fishy, and remember some people are just better liars than others, so get the pics, and personally I still wouldnt pay him anything, who knows maybe he made the damage to it, I know it sounds weird, but people do stupid {censored} all the time, And use FED EX!!!!!!

• Members

Screw UPS they are to expensive and suck if you have a problem. I use FedEx ground and I have never had an issue with a damaged item during shipping. Plus FedEx ground is much less expensive than UPS.

i liked my experience wit DHL...

but also what this guy said... i've never had a problem with FedEx either.

but then again I'VE personally never had a problem with UPS... but i hear way more horror stories about UPS than any other form of shipping (other than USPS)

• Members

i had an amp shipped to me through DHL... the guy didn't even pack it good at all. two thin boxes taped together to form 1 box... filled with news paper...

however... it came to my front door in perfect shape, the amp worked, the make shift box looked like it was handled carefully at all times.

try and go with DHL if you can.

Yeah, my amp was shipped DHL. It was packed well, but the box wasn't even beat up or scuffed or anything. For big things like amps, I'd go with DHL.

• Members

+1 The dude should have known not to throw away the packing material.
:rolleyes:

His bad - not yours.

That is just stupid.

You never throw away the packing material.

How is UPS going to verify that the damage didn't occur after delivery?

It could have been dropped packing up for a gig or something.

Perhaps even damaged in an auto accident during transport and the driver was at fault; aka the owner.

Look, if it was signed for and the packaging was damaged as severely as the buyer said upon delivery, why the hell wouldn't you point that out to the driver?

Something about this smacks of fraud.

• Members

I agree that he made the mistake of throwing the packaging away in the first place. If that really is the case, why should you have to pay for his mistake? You did your part by insuring the item and the fact UPS won't honor the insurance because of his mistake isn't your problem. Also you have to consider the fact that there was never any shipping damage and that he supposedly "threw away" the original packaging because he wanted to hide the fact that there wasn't any damage done during shippment. Don't take his word for it.... I smell fraud or someone who is such a moron they deserve to take a loss so they can learn their lesson..... I'd keep the money & tell them to take a hike.... seriously.... Why would anyone sign for a package that appeared to be damaged without inspecting it first? I wouldn't sign for it until I inspected it for damage and powered it up. If there was indeed damage I would have had it all dealt with upon its delivery. This situation is to fishy not be fraud. There are so many red flags.....

• Members

Fed EX Ground is worse!! I've used UPS for over 10 years and I have never had a problem. Everytime I've used FEd EX ground there has been a problem and everytime I try to talk to a manager or someone higher up they act like they have no idea what business they are even in. Easily the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with in any type of business. In my opinion, since all these companies do is shipping, I mean, they don't produce anything, they facilitate commerce.........they don't manufacture a product, they provide a service. If they can't do that right they need to close their doors.

• Members

Once the item is in the receiver's hands, it is their responsibility to prove to the shipping company that damage occurred. If they cannot do that, there is nothing that you can do from your end.

I have had no problem filing with UPS when a package was lost. Damaged items are more of a problem. I have had very good luck with FedEx in that they always want to resolve an issue; they seem very determined to maintain their positive reputation in your eyes.

• Members

Once the item is in the receiver's hands, it is their responsibility to prove to the shipping company that damage occurred. If they cannot do that, there is nothing that you can do from your end.

I have had no problem filing with UPS when a package was
lost
. Damaged items are more of a problem. I have had very good luck with FedEx in that they always want to resolve an issue; they seem very determined to maintain their positive reputation in your eyes.

Fed-Ex maybe, I'm talking about Fed-Ex Ground (used to be RPS). I have always been happy with Fed-Ex Express or home delivery.

• Members

Fed EX Ground is worse!! I've used UPS for over 10 years and I have never had a problem. Everytime I've used FEd EX ground there has been a problem and everytime I try to talk to a manager or someone higher up they act like they have no idea what business they are even in. Easily the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with in any type of business. In my opinion, since all these companies do is shipping, I mean, they don't produce anything, they facilitate commerce.........they don't manufacture a product, they provide a service. If they can't do that right they need to close their doors.

I have shipped many things through FedEx Ground as a seller and I have never had a customer get a damaged box. So I trust them more than any other shipper. Plus one of my good friends is in charge of claims in the area I live in. So if I ever have a problem I am sure I could get it taken care of.

Archived