what's my 96 MIM Strat worth?

Kramerguy

• Members

I guess we will see, I'd probably take the $75, but I did sell big ticket for 5 years, I hope my negotiation skills are better than that. Will let you know what they offer/give me when I get back

You can easily get $200 for that guitar.

• Members

well I took it in and they looked at it, found 1 tone pod didn't work at all (I didn't know, never use the tone knobs lol), and they claimed the neck was slightly warped, although I argued that I couldn't see it and if it was really that hard to see, that a simple truss rod adjustment was all that was needed.

They said they would have given ~125 if not for the tone knob, but only ~100 because of that.

So I took it.

This was the reason I was so hesitant to sell to another person/bidder, who plugs it in later, and then is like "hey, what the hell did this guy sell me??"

thanks for all the advice on this everyone. Sorry to disappoint those of you who either wanted it or didn't want me to take a hit on it. Getting a return of any kind on an 11 year old cheap guitar is still a positive in my eyes.

• Members
well I took it in and they looked at it, found 1 tone pod didn't work at all (I didn't know, never use the tone knobs lol), and they claimed the neck was slightly warped, although I argued that I couldn't see it and if it was really that hard to see, that a simple truss rod adjustment was all that was needed.

They said they would have given ~125 if not for the tone knob, but only ~100 because of that.

So I took it.

This was the reason I was so hesitant to sell to another person/bidder, who plugs it in later, and then is like "hey, what the hell did this guy sell me??"

thanks for all the advice on this everyone. Sorry to disappoint those of you who either wanted it or didn't want me to take a hit on it. Getting a return of any kind on an 11 year old cheap guitar is still a positive in my eyes.

So what did you trade it in on?

• Members

So what did you trade it in on?

they offered cash or credit, same either way. I needed a driver pedal for my new amp I I got a Boss BD-2 blues driver pedal for 79.99, 3 packs of guitar picks and 3 packs of GHS boomers. ended up owning them $0.16. Not too shabby.

Archived