Who the fuck is Craig Andertson?

redsox3g2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by rasputin1963

Craig, I have been familiar with your name in electronic music circles since the mid-1970's.

They have electronic music circles? I've seen drum circles before, so the electronic ones must be cool. Don't the wires get in the way? And how do you mount the monitors? Does everyone have their own output, or do you send all the signals through some WiFi Ethernet Fiber snake to a centralized location?

They've had these since the '70s, and I missed out. Maaaaaaaaaaaan.

P.S. I first got to speak to Greg Androidson while a wee school lad. He'd written my class textbook, and my instructor recommended that I call him to ask him about something or other. Then, I've been happy to work with him on a cornucopia projects of varying natures over the many years since. A scholar and a gentleman, he is.

- Jeff

• Members

Originally posted by Jeff da Weasel

They have electronic music circles? I've seen drum circles before, so the electronic ones must be cool. Don't the wires get in the way? And how do you mount the monitors? Does everyone have their own output, or do you send all the signals through some WiFi Ethernet Fiber snake to a centralized location?

They've had these since the '70s, and I missed out. Maaaaaaaaaaaan.

- Jeff

Ba-dum--CHHHHHHH!

• Members

Craig Anderton is alright, but all you dinglebarries who worship him can suck on my fat slimy nut sack. I will gratuitously {censored} your mom, "timrocker". I'm not a booger picker, rasputin. But yeah, real great insult. You showed off your intelligence with that one.

Anyways, everyone needs to chill the {censored} out cause the post was just a damn joke. No need to create 4 pages worth of pissed off responses. I mean {censored}, get a life.

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

Yeah, it's unusual for a third baseman to pull that kind of thing off. I've seen it a couple of times with a right-fielder, but baseball pundits feel that a third baseman unassisted triple play will probably never be duplicated again.

Actually a right fielder has never pulled off an unassisted tripple play dumbass. And if you knew anything about baseball you'd realize that was basically impossible unless he was playing extremely shallow and even then, highly unlikely.

Also, I don't know if you consider yourslef one of these "baseball pundits" or not, but if so i would stop that, because a third baseman unassisted triple play has never been pulled off. Not in the majors at least.

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

>

There were runners on second and third, and both runners got an early start. Andertson caught a line drive to left field; one runner was stuck between second and third, and the other between third and home. Andertson ran after the guy trying to get home, and tagged him out. Meanwhile, the guy coming into third figured that with Andertson busy tagging out the other runner, he could get to third and at least be in scoring position with two men out.

So he slid into third, but failed to take into account two things: Andertson's blazing speed, and sliding past the bag. For just a split second his foot was off third base, and Andertson tagged him out.

The crowd went wild, to say the least.

are you sure that happened???

Why wouldn't he just tag third instead of running him down? the baseball almanac says it never happened, and the story makes no sense if you ask me.....but you did describe it well

• Members
Originally posted by Lee Knight

Craig, you could've been a sports writer. I was glued to my chair. I used to listen to the Rams on radio and that was kinda like that.
:)

why don't you just cut the bull{censored} and get to sucking his dick already?

• Members

Originally posted by Robman2

A Red sox fan (Johnny Damon doesn't live there any more, so get over it)

First of all i said nothing about Johnny Damon. Secondly, I am over it. I am actually glad. They signed him to a 4 year deal at 52 million i believe. He is 33 now with 3 more years. Just like the Pedro signing by the Mets, a dumb New York team offered an old man too long of a contract and the Red Sox were smart enough not to match it. Just as Pedro continued his injury slide this year, Damon's will continue his throughout the next 3 years w/ the yankees, just like all of their players seem to. This won't look like a bad move by the Sox after the next few years, I guarantee it.

• Members

I took it as a joke and so did most of the other people, and they responded with jokes. And some of them were pretty funny!

I've always likened the forum to performance art meets talk radio, and this thread is a perfect example. No problem at this end.

Honestly, sometimes I don't know who I am either, so next time I forget I can just do a search to find this thread and find out. Assuming, of course, that I remember to do a search and that this thread exists. And that the search function works.

And Jay Hook, the Mets pitcher, really did do a master's level study of how/why a curve ball hooks. I made up everything else :)

• Members

Originally posted by timrocker

Hey, you know what? That's not cool. Gratuitous f-word, sarcastic right out of the gates, and goes after the moderator for nothing. Try on a civil 'tude, or go away, redsox3g2.

{censored}, lighten up! The gratuitous F-word is embedding in Rock-n-Roll culture. I thought it was a perfectly resonable question.

• Members

Naaah... "{censored}" is still a vulgarity, no matter how ya slice it, and probably shows a certain disrespect in Internet Fora aimed at serious musicians.

Craig says he's cool about all this, and I'm sure he means it, but he's probably attempting to show a certain largesse about this all, too.

Social groups on the 'Net are not all that different from real-life face-to-face social groups... a certain decorum applies.... even amongst raggedy rock musicians. It's not that the word "{censored}" is so offensive; it's the brusque assumption of familiarity amongst people you haven't taken the time to establish a working presence with... THAT'S the offense.

Archived