What are all of the 15watt amps out right now?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I think theres a Vox and Laney too. don't know the model numbers

The Laney LC-15R is a very nice amp indeed. Our bass player has one which I've played at rehearsal, and I've also heard it gigged: worked very well in a large packed bar even without being mic'ed up.

• Members

I think theres a Vox and Laney too. don't know the model numbers

I recommend very highly for everyone to try a Laney VC-15

15vc.gif

Most reviews, magazine or user, are between very positive and ecstatic. It is very light, surprising loud, has an awesome clean tone that breaks up just wonderfully when hit hard, and a nice crunchy lead channel.

EDIT: The architecture is similar to the Lionhearts (see below) but the VCs are made in China with simpler parts and thus mucho less $$$

• Members

The Laney LC-15R is a very nice amp indeed. Our bass player has one which I've played at rehearsal, and I've also heard it gigged: worked very well in a large packed bar even without being mic'ed up.

Hey there CSM...did you ever get to try an Ashdown Peacemaker 20? I have one and I love it! Channel switching, separate 3-band EQ on each channel, parallel effects loop with level knob, Celestion speaker etc.:thu:

The Laney LC-15R and the VC-15 are nice little amps too though ;)

• Members

CRATE V18: - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V18112-18W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487051

HUGHES & KETTNER Anaversary 20

KRANK REV JR.

GOODSELL Super 17

CARVIN Vintage 16

SWART Space Tone

VOX AC15

REVEREND King Snake

LANEY LC15

TRAYNOR Custom 20WR - 15W class A

GROOVETUBES Soul-O Single combo ;)

AMPEG J-12T Jet

. . . and there are various booteek and kit models out there !

• Members

15 watts?

Of all the "small fire" amps we've tried here the vote would have to go the the Tiny Terror. It's a complete no brainer for the money and if you throw another 125 bucks at it and ship it to Jule Potter is becomes a tone/playing machine on par with things you'd never believe.

If you have budget for seriously esoterica the 18 watt Marshall reissues are fabulous and the Princeton recording amp has a very cool modern take on an old design with some extremely studio friendly features.

StereoTerrors.jpg

Or get two!!!

• Members
I'm trying to think of all the 15watt tube amps out right now? I can only think of the Blues Jr, AC15, and Crate V series, as well as the Palomino. I ordered a Blues Jr and am having second thoughts right now...so I was just curious of what else is out there. Thanks guys!

Boy, I don't blame you for having second thoughts! There are tons of 15-25 watt tube models out there that are in the price range of the Blues Jr or less,AND actually sound sweet.

Archived