What are all of the 15watt amps out right now?

elsupermanny14

• Members

George Dennis Blue Beetle

Mesa Studio 22, DC2, Subway Blues/Rocket, F30

Laney LC15, VC15, TT20, Lionheart

Ashdown Peacemaker 20

Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (and anniversary model)

Johnson Laredo

Bedrock 600 Series

Budda SD18

There's plenty more too.

But the Mesa Studio 22, DC2 & Subway is not in production anymore :rolleyes: - only on eVillebay :cry:

• Members

Sir Jack,

The JP mod gives the amp a more controlled bottom end, more forward high mids and the harmonic content is probably tripled in value. Chords ring out like a serious boutique amp is on the end of your cable!!

The whole thing is cleaner in the notes and more melodic. It just a much smoother, more exiting amp to play and it records great with a ribbon and a 57. You seriously don't want to stop playing the thing.

• Members

Sir Jack,

The JP mod gives the amp a more controlled bottom end, more forward high mids and the harmonic content is probably tripled in value. Chords ring out like a serious boutique amp is on the end of your cable!!

The whole thing is cleaner in the notes and more melodic. It just a much smoother, more exiting amp to play and it records great with a ribbon and a 57. You seriously don't want to stop playing the thing.

Thanx alot :thu:

• Members

George Dennis Blue Beetle

Mesa Studio 22, DC2, Subway Blues/Rocket, F30

Laney LC15, VC15, TT20, Lionheart

Ashdown Peacemaker 20

Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (and anniversary model)

Johnson Laredo

Bedrock 600 Series

Budda SD18

There's plenty more too.

I don't doubt that those are all very good amps... but how many of them are actually in the same ($400-500) price range as the Blues Jr?

• Members

I'm trying to think of all the 15watt tube amps out right now? I can only think of the Blues Jr, AC15, and Crate V series, as well as the Palomino. I ordered a Blues Jr and am having second thoughts right now...so I was just curious of what else is out there. Thanks guys!

Hey, wait a minute - there isn't a price point mentioned :mad:

• Members
But the Mesa Studio 22, DC2 & Subway is not in production anymore
:rolleyes:
- only on eVillebay
:cry:

Of course not. But I'd certainly trust the longevity of a 5 year old Mesa or George Dennis over a new Blues Jr. And you don't have to buy amps on Ebay. There are other places to buy used gear. I've never had a problem with buying on Ebay, however.

• Members

Sorry guys I should have been more clear...15watt amps out there in the price range (or cheaper) of the Blues Jr. Though I've heard a lot about the Tiny Terror that I'd even maybe consider it. Though I'm not too sure...

...I'm very interested in the Tiny Terror because I've heard the overdrive is amazing and you can even get some metal sounds out of it if you use an overdrive or boost pedal with it. But I haven't heard too much about the cleans for it, and I it's not really $500. It'd be $500+the cost of a cab, so really like around $800 and that's out of my price range. But...for some reason still considering it.

But I've played it and it was such a sweet amp!

• Members

Sorry guys I should have been more clear...15watt amps out there in the price range (or cheaper) of the Blues Jr. Though I've heard a lot about the Tiny Terror that I'd even maybe consider it. Though I'm not too sure...

...I'm very interested in the Tiny Terror because I've heard the overdrive is amazing and you can even get some metal sounds out of it if you use an overdrive or boost pedal with it. But I haven't heard too much about the cleans for it, and I it's not really $500. It'd be $500+the cost of a cab, so really like around $800 and that's out of my price range. But...for some reason still considering it.

Well, you have tons of good choices in the $500 range.

• Members

Well I haven't been able to compare to other amps but I have a crate V1512 american made, and it is awsome. I use it for apartment practice but if you crank it, it's pretty damn loud. Has great clean sound and awsome distortion. Sounds great to my ears. Some little boost switch that adds bottom end...and a passible reverb till about 6 or 7 then it sounds a little silly.

Like I said...don't know how it compares to others in the range, but I'm completely happy with it.

• Members

I got mine for $449. If you're able to find a similar deal, and you get an avatar cab or maybe something used off CL for ~$200, you'll have your badass amp and cab for $650, which isn't so terrible. The overdrive is truly amazing, very thick and full, especially on the neck and middle pups of my strat. I played a battle of the bands on Saturday night and got a number of compliments on my tone.

Archived