Guitar players with stacks at home...do you honestly crank em all the way up?

elsupermanny14

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

honestly, i rarely have my head cranked all the way up. But i do play it loud. Just something about pushing the tubes hard that really gets me going.

Same for me but I play my MP1 with my Marshall JCM900 and 4x12 cabs at

home. But I prefer play with small tube sound instead play with modeling amp like Line6:)

• Members

I've cranked my Tiny Terror (into 2x12) about 3 times over the last few months that I've had it and that was for about 10 seconds. Bear in mind I live in terraced housing (i.e. city/stuck-together houses)

Thank goodness for the fact my room is on the side of the virtually deaf old woman's house...

• Members

i have a 50 watt all tube silvertone head in the closet that never comes out.

i cranked it to max once and had a back to the future moment though. it actually blew loose papers and dart flights off a shelve 5' away.

:cool:

i will stick to my 1/2 watt ruby head, 5 watt champ clone head, electar tube 10, and vj head.

i do have a webber 50 watt attenuator on the way though.

• Members

I have a couple of rigs. One I keep at my Bass players the other at my Drummers and then at home its the POD XT and headphones. This way I dont get in trouble for owning 3 4x12's and two amp heads as well as a combo.

Heres a couple of pic's of two of my simple rigs.

1499453782304ef8cbfbmul6.jpg

dscn6443vb3.th.jpg

Edit: I dont have a pic of my Laney yet either.

• Members

I spoke with a man on Germany...
He made an isolating box for cabs (into this you have 4x12 cab with one SM57).
Really amazing, you hear sound by recording monitoring and He play with Marshall JMP and JCM800.
He tested to records bass part with SVTIII on this and sound was awesome and nothing hear amp sound exept by recording monitor.
Probleme: expenssive to make this:blah:

• Members

I hate you HCEG. :mad:

I decided since no one was home and it was my last day of vacation to actually crank my high gain channel on my B-52 and slowly up the master to see what I can withstand.

Well I had the Gain 2 on about 8-9 with master on 2 ... LOUD AS {censored} ... and I switched from my treble pickup to in-between ... and with a loud !POP! all of a sudden I lost like 70-80% of the volume. I got afraid and just turned it off.

I'm guessing I blew or at least rattled a power tube eh? I was planning on retubing it at some point in the next couple months but it just sucks that I can't play it for the rest of the day. Or can I?

Anyways back to the OP, nope ... never cranked. :(

• Members

I've got a 65W 1x12 solid state which I have never cranked.... I tried 3/4 volume for half a second and was way too loud for my eardrums. My ears like 1/2 volume on this thing. I cannot imagine how damaging a 100W tube amp with a half stack or full stack would be cranked. Especially right in front of it... Ouch!

• Members

no stack here - I have a Line 6 Flextone II XL 2x12 100 watt combo amp... the other day I turned it up to 5 and it was so loud I nearly shat myself.
:eek::thu::D

I can't imagine needing anything else.

My 120 Watt Line 6 Spider III combo amp, at home I play on 1-3, but at band practice I have to go up to 6 sometimes, where it is just blasting like crazy... It's insane how much the difference between small numbers matters on amps lol. I think if I turned it up all the way It could possibly affect the foundation of my house haha.

• Members

I live with my girlfrind during the week and I crank the 5w harley benton(epi valve jr.) into a 1x12 all the time, I even boost it!:)

At home I use a jcm 800 50W into a 2x12, rarely cranked it though. Did it once or twice and my gradma was like, did an airplane land on our house-shee`s the cooles!

• Members

200w vintage Marshall Major stack here. Yes, I do occasionally crank it up in the basement - especially when playing the Hammond thru it. A few months ago, it shook a small stereo speaker and every ceramic piece off a high shelf in the dining room. My wife still gets on me about that :D

thanks to my THD hot plate, my 50w marshall is dime'd @ home.

• Members

No way. I use my Marshall half stack cranked for shows and recording only, if needed. More times than not, I don't even need to crank it for most gigs (with outdoor gigs being the exception); I can get "my sound" at lower volumes, so it's more for looks, cred and "presence" than for volume.

:o:rawk::whisper::cool:

Archived