How many of you have only amps under 30watts or less? Pics please!

elsupermanny14

• Members

So in like three weeks I get a check from UCR Rec Center for like $350 bucks for being the president of the student governing board. Then Musician's Friend just credited me with $230 (cuz they mess up my order), and my birthday is in a month. I know I'm going to buy a new amp...I just don't know which one.

But yeah anyways...you know how it is...when you're thinking of buying certain gear it's all you think about it. Therefore I'm thinking about 30watt tube amps and others with less power. So...if you only own amps that are 30watts or less let me know and post a pic too!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What kind of guitars you got , humbuckers / single coils.

Fender Deluxe Rvverb Reissue is a nice amp . Not sure if you need that much power though.

NOS Tweed Blues Junior are a 15 wat and I think there well worth the money. Still very loud for home use.

• Members

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue is a nice amp

Smart man there.

I love small tube amps. The DRRI is really my biggest at (22w) and the one nothing can top yet for it's combination of clean or breakup with plenty of volume and portability.

oe30-tc90.jpg

My other small amps are a Fender Pro JR (15w), a truly funky Kalamazoo Model II (5w) and one that's so new it's still being shipped right now, a Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr which I have high hopes for;

265735.jpg

• Members

Got three amps

Bassman LTD (50w)

Trace Eliott Velocette 15w, 1X10 - not my amp, but the spitting image of mine

57660.jpg

and a Blues Jr.

I only bring one of the latte to gigs these days. uch much easier on the back, and the Velo in particular is a great sounding amp. If you can find one used, pounce!

• Members

You can see one in the pix to the left. I have a 15-watt Fender Pro Junior, a 15-watt Fender GDEC, and I just picked up a Behringer Firebird for $25 off the ebay. It's actually a decent-sounding solid-state amp with tape out jacks for computer recording.

firebird.jpg

• Members

most of mine are above 30 watts. i have a VJ, and an old ampeg jet, that should be around 12-15 watts. it needs to be rebuilt. my other amps are a vibrolux clone (40 watts), a 5F4 super in the works(35-40 watts), and i just bought a BF showman head (85 watts). i need new speakers for the big boy though. it'll crush my green back/g12h combo.

• Members

Here's my under 30 watt powered amps. First my Torres Boogie Mite.

This amp is very focused yet has a lot of features that allow you to adjust your tone to almost any clean or classic OD sound you'd want. 3 watts. You would need an extension cab with it though. A 112 or 210 would be a great match for a cab type with this little giant.

2291645046_d21b334608.jpg

Gut shot

2043608914_ee86f8d05f.jpg

Here's my 1965 Princeton. For perfect Fender cleans this little guy is the bomb. It gives almost no breakup until past 8!

1925951048_5c2aff4118.jpg

Gut shot

2042810757_eda850bf84.jpg

Here's my Epi Valve Jr. Stock mk2. Breaks up almost immediately but has a cool blues style type tone.

2288445813_6f6a01b272.jpg

Last (sort of cheating) here's my Genz Benz El Diablo 60. I use it in the 30 watt triode mode though so technically it's 30 watts, at least in my house it is.

2291645392_cb60fbc55e.jpg

Gut shot

2042810299_349a3e9221.jpg

If you are worried about wattage equalling volume I'd say any of these amps could be heard by the neighbors. I probably wouldn't gig with the Torres or the Valve Jr. but they're quite loud in the house and great for recording.

Archived