How many of you have only amps under 30watts or less? Pics please!

elsupermanny14

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love small amps! My biggest is my Blues Jr. at 15w. The '64 blackface Princeton comes in at 12 and the home-made Wollensak (reel-to-reel amp) probably runs 5-10. The all sound great.

100_2919.jpg

You have to tell me more about the Wollensak. How did you do it, any more pics, etc....

Feel free to pm me!

• Members

I have a bunch of sub 30 watters. Here's my personal collection ranked in order starting with the best sounding.

1. Marshall Handwired 1974x 17 watt (2006)

2. Vox Handwired AC15TVH (2007)

3. Vox AC15TBX (1999)

4. Fender Vibro Champ (1974)

5. Orange AD15/12 (2002)

6. THD Univalve (2004)

7. Krank Rev Jr. w/ two 1 x 12 cabs. Speakers = Weber Silver Bell speakers

8. Fender Champ 600 (2007)

9 Crate VC508 with solid oak cabinet

10. Vox AC15CCx (2006) This one actually belongs to my church but I'll include it here at the bottom of the list, even though it has the Celestion Blue. So far it has been a major disappointment. I cannot play it at our church because the fuse blows after about 20 minutes of playing. It works fine at my house, but the tone is not anywhere close to my other three Voxes.

ampsbm.jpg

• Members

I love small amps! My biggest is my Blues Jr. at 15w. The '64 blackface Princeton comes in at 12 and the home-made Wollensak (reel-to-reel amp) probably runs 5-10. The all sound great.

100_2919.jpg

That is one pretty LP Custom......if my wife could read my mind, she wouldn't let me on HC anymore. Just what exactly is that?

8^)

• Members

I have a bunch of sub 30 watters. Here's my personal collection ranked in order starting with the best sounding.

1. Marshall Handwired 1974x 17 watt (2006)

2. Vox Handwired AC15TVH (2007)

3. Vox AC15TBX (1999)

4. Fender Vibro Champ (1974)

5. Orange AD15/12 (2002)

6. THD Univalve (2004)

7. Krank Rev Jr. w/ two 1 x 12 cabs. Speakers = Weber Silver Bell speakers

8. Fender Champ 600 (2007)

9 Crate VC508 with solid oak cabinet

10. Vox AC15CCx (2006) This one actually belongs to my church but I'll include it here at the bottom of the list, even though it has the Celestion Blue. So far it has been a major disappointment. I cannot play it at our church because the fuse blows after about 20 minutes of playing. It works fine at my house, but the tone is not anywhere close to my other three Voxes.

ampsbm.jpg

That's a pretty impressive set up!

• Members

Thanks. I started in '85 with a Squire Tele and a Randall 100 watt solid state amp. That was all I played for 9 years. Then I got a real job and went kind of gear crazy.

It's kinda like me but I'm still poor lol. I started with a Squire Strat and an old Peavey Rage amp back in December of '97. I eventually got a Line 6 half stack and my current combination that I have with me here at schools which is a hot rodded MIM Fat Strat with a Vox AD30VT. I'm still waiting in the mail for a Blackheart stack and hopefully will have another amp by the end of the school year. Once I graduate from college I expect to finally start making money and go gear crazy lol!

Archived