From NAMM - Gibson Les Paul with Floyd Rose

dangerous dan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As for all you haters, I frequently hear things like Gibson is stuck in the fifties. Finally when they try to update themselves to at least the 80's, old-timers come out and say they hate it, it's blasphemous, and an affront to the guitar gods. I say good for Gibson.

They tried the Kahler and Kahler-ish locking trems back in the 80's, so it's not like they're opposed to it. The Rose can (allegedly) hold it's tuning better than Kahler, but I think they resisted using Floyds because the routing {censored}s with the tone. Maybe they're using special pickups that cut down on the tonesuck.

• Members

They tried the Kahler and Kahler-ish locking trems back in the 80's, so it's not like they're opposed to it. The Rose can (allegedly) hold it's tuning better than Kahler, but I think they resisted using Floyds because the routing {censored}s with the tone. Maybe they're using special pickups that cut down on the tonesuck.

I dont think theres any less wood in a FR equiped LP than there is with a swiss cheese LP.

• Members

If I had the $3000 they're probably going to charge for ir I would totally get a black custom too.

As for all you haters, I frequently hear things like Gibson is stuck in the fifties. Finally when they try to update themselves to at least the 80's, old-timers come out and say they hate it, it's blasphemous, and an affront to the guitar gods. I say good for Gibson.

+ 1.

except i want an alpine white custom:thu:

• Members

It's not just Floyd Rose'd: extensive heel sculpting as well for your shredding pleasure. I don't expect these to overtake Standards in sales, but imho they're pretty cool for a specialized LP. If they bomb I'll definitely be looking for one on the used market :thu:

LES PAUL AXCESS
Gibson has heard the cry from its loyal customers and, in an effort to satisfy their desires, has created the Les Paul Axcess model. With such appointments as the Floyd Rose tremolo tailpiece to the ergonomic neck/body design, once you have felt the excitement of this beautifully responsive instrument, heard its rich tone and seen its exquisite, graceful design, you will know the affection that the players feel for their Gibson guitars - an affection that transcends time, style and musical trends.

• Members

I have a kramer nightrider with a floyd which is a sort of cousin to gibson, like thrice removed. LOL

But yeah, aside from the premium price they will charge, I'd love a standard in cherry burst with a floyd.

I like that fat SG too. In fact, gimme a fat sg with a floyd.

+1

I'm pretty sure they will offer an SG with one on it.... why wouldn't they right?

Archived