From NAMM - Gibson Les Paul with Floyd Rose

dangerous dan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you, myself a long time Gibson player and I own few Les Pauls, I prefer the Bigsby if I had to have a vibrato / tremolo. I find it just looks wrong.

Now this i love :love:

http://images.guitarsale.com/products/full/Gibson/226299.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/ledzeppelinorg1/images/gear/GibsonLPBlackBeauty3.jpg

:evil:

• Members

Maybe Alex Lifeson started something with his two custom Les Pauls he had made for Rush's latest/upcoming tours. He had 2 Les Pauls built with Floyds (a black custom and a standard that looks similar to the one on the right in that pic). _Pete_ can tell you ALL about them, LOL!

• Members

Maybe Alex Lifeson started something with his two custom Les Pauls he had made for Rush's latest/upcoming tours. He had 2 Les Pauls built with Floyds (a black custom and a standard that looks similar to the one on the right in that pic). _Pete_ can tell you ALL about them, LOL!

Those were sweet! He also played a couple other Les Pauls at the most recent Rush show I saw.

I'm not a FR fan, and although I do own one guitar with it installed, I will most likely never buy another one. All my other guitars are fixed bridge.

• Members

I like the way it looks on the flame-top LP but the one on the silverburst just looks fugly...

If I had the money I would definately buy the flame top one but the first thing i would do is put a tremel-no on it.

Just my $0.02

• Members
I don't know, it's not really my thing. It's pretty {censored}ing METAL though. I can see myself loving it if I were in a metal band.

:rawk:

That is kinda my perspective... I'm not in a metal band but I play everything so I'm thinking,

Les Paul Tone + Floyd Rose Squeals and Such + Ok Looks = :cool:

• Members

If I had the $3000 they're probably going to charge for ir I would totally get a black custom too.

As for all you haters, I frequently hear things like Gibson is stuck in the fifties. Finally when they try to update themselves to at least the 80's, old-timers come out and say they hate it, it's blasphemous, and an affront to the guitar gods. I say good for Gibson.

Archived