From NAMM - Gibson Les Paul with Floyd Rose

dangerous dan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is nothing new. Neal Scon was doing this back in the mid 80's.

I doubt these LP's will be chambered. So they probably will have more wood to them.

It's a good option for those who like trems.

It's really no different than Paul Reed Smith guitar's having trems

• Members

I love them.

After putting one on an Epi LP I can tell you firsthand there is no tone loss at all from the routing or the Floyd. It still sounds like an LP.

A Bigsby or Kahler cannot do the things a Floyd can and neither will stay in tune as well.

Kudos to Gibson for doing something interesting for a change.

Since it was requested:

DSCN2347.jpg

• Members

I like it! I'll take a Black Custom w/floyd please. Also the better neck/body joint is a big improvement. Too bad it's gonna cost huge money :-(

Hopefully the HUGE price will keep sales way down, and Gibson will drop it out of production a year or so from now ! :thu:

Looks like GIBSON still have to learn a few things in life !

You do NOT mess with a PERFECT design - look at it this way !

A Hot Rodder does NOT go to the local Jap-Import shop to get a twin turbo-charged 1.6L Nitro injected Honda motor for his 1950 Merc (...see link below IF you do not know these classic bruzers)

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=1950+mercury&gbv=2

NO SIR, HE WOULD GET THE MEANEST, BAD'EST BIG BLOCK V8 HE CAN LAY HIS HANDS ON - THAT IS WHAT HE WOULD DO :evil:

Same with the ALL-MIGHTY LES PAUL;) - give back the guitar it's V8 !

My 2cents

;)

• Members

I was at a Roger Waters gig last year, and one of the backing guitarists had a les paul with a floyd rose on it.

i personally don't really like the look of it; it seems a bit slim for such a big, heavy, chunky(in a good way) guitar. The bigsby looks better, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
:evil:

Same with the ALL-MIGHTY LES PAUL;) - give back the guitar it's V8 !

My 2cents

;)

WTF?

Just because you don't like it, they should stop production so those of us that do like it can't buy it. Ok, gotcha.
:rolleyes:

I guess they should have left the LP the way it was designed in 1952 with the trapeze tailpiece that didn't work. They shouldn't have made the LP Custom or humbuckers either huh?

BTW, those '50 Mercs aint running 1950 Mercury engines either. Hot rodders have messed with the designs of them too quite a bit.

Archived