NGD! yeeHAW!

sh944

• Members

Picked up a '65 Telecaster with a maple cap neck! Wahhoo! I may have *finally* found a Fender guitar that I will be happy with. I've always been at odds with Strats (I've got two right now, a '61 slab and a '95 Limited Ed) but this Tele feels "right". Hopefully it will feel just as good a couple of months from now!

Obligatory pics... these are pics that were sent to me from the guy I purchased it from as I haven't had a chance to take my own yet.

65tele.jpg

teleheadstock.JPG

• Members

The humbucker is a 60's Gibson T-top, the bridge is original, as is the neck plate and pickgard (albeit with a big hole in it now). Neck is original, body was originally candy apple red (there's a bit of the original color under the pickgard), and coupled with the maple cap neck, it means this was a special order guitar from '65. Its a "player" guitar now, and will never be collectible but yeah, its got WAY more mojo than my '61 Strat and I am absolutely blown away by it. I've got some way cool guitars (that ain't bragging... I got most of my axes in the early 80's) but this one is scratching an itch I've had for a while.

As for how much... gawd, I'm not sure I want to say. I got it from someone who was WAY cool to deal with, but I'm almost afraid to let y'all loose on him, as that means more competition for me! The price was an absolute STEAL and way less than market price. I don't buy guitars unless I am planning on keeping them (the average length of time I am have own my guitars is well over ten years and I have a six guitars that I've owned for over twenty years)

Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging... but I guess I am. I am rather over the top with this particular guitar as I've been looking for the "right" Telecaster for a while and am pretty surei I've found it. I've got a gig next week and will let you know then, as I am planning on using this guitar then.

Regards,

Archived