LET'S MEET IN VEGAS! - HCEG Forum Convention (?)

GAS Man

• Members

I've thought of this before-

maybe it's crazy, (maybe not)

But if we planned it out long enough in advance (a year or two)

and then we got a hotel to host an HCEG gathering, (room rates, banquet/meeting rooms, etc)

and if we could do it in a hotel that had a spot where we could jam -

It might be fun.

Vegas is a relatively inexpensive destination for flights, accommodations and food.

Some music stores might even be interested in sponsoring it to some degree. (Lending equipment or booths and appetizer deals, etc)

And we could maybe even have the Gibson QC guy or effigy to kick around. :D

Yay, nay, maybe?

But I think it might be fun for some of us to meet some of the folks here face to face and exchange some licks and BS.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We're gonna need someone to referee though if things get as drunk and high as I'd like...

The way things have been going here recently, might need vests too... riot gear anyone?http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=TE197&cat=3038

Brilliant idea, though. Someone here could prolly set us up with all the favors we would need too... ;)

• Members

Could be a great idea - but I think it could also be a BIG idea. Since this forum is owned by Musicians Friend group, maybe they could work an official angle for the whole thing, arrange with the hotels, etc etc. Yes, something like this could easily take a year of planning and organizing.

I have worked for a professional events planner firm that would book everything from hotel rooms, to events, to special guests - there's a LOT that goes in to something like this, and raising $ from potential sponsors would help offset a lot of the costs, but at the same time require a lot of work as well. LOTS of legal documents involved.

As a smaller scale, if people were interested, we could just all choose a weekend to meet up at say the Hard Rock, book a block of rooms, and then maybe book a hall to have some food & social for a few hours. It would cost a few bucks, but if everyone who was going pitched in $30, I'm sure it would cover it.

• Members

Throw some pickups, strings, picks, Guitar straps, a pedal or two and we're really going to have a good time.

I've put in a recommendation for hotels through expedia for Jan 09. That's as far into the future as they would let me go.

I'll send an update when then send an update.

Archived