i wanna see your guitars with P90/Soapbars pickups

Johansolo

• Members

That's boner-iffic, I am thinking of picking up he sunburst version of the C-1 special at pawn shop near me, are they worth $400?

They are even worth the regular price of $550 or whatever it was. I happened to get a killer deal on mine, $375 shipped with a hardshell case.

As long as the one in the pawn shop is in good condition, then yeah, $400 is good. You could always try to talk em down a bit, couldn't hurt.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cheers guys...i defnitely want to try a P90 in my epi sg.

still debating wheter to replace both bridge and neck positions with P90s or keep the bridge (seymour duncan JB) and just replace the neck with a P90.

any suggestions between the tones of p90s in the neck compared to the bridge?

i like single coils sounds in the neck so im guessing a "fatter" sounding P90 would be up my alley...but im not to sure about the brige pos(as i like big paf tones)

ALSO...would a P90 fit in a humbucker slot or would i need to modify the pickguard...from pics it looks slightly bigger?

• Members

From looking at these photos, I can't tell the expensive custom shop beauties from the guitars built by seven year old Cambodians.

Trust me. This is no budget guitar, but I got a pretty good deal on it. And the Gibson Custom Shop assures me that the white trash Nashville kid who built it was at least 9 years old.

r4.jpg

Archived