Do NOT buy Native Instruments software.

m127

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not a liar nor dishonest.

IF you have any questions left, go on and ASK ME directly

I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Were you a liar when you say you had "disability"? How you disabled?

Were you a liar when you say you had "discrimination"?

If you is disabled and discriminated against than Im sorry, but then youll let us know about that in your answer.

• Members

I am here, ask me concrete questions, Anderton. I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Maybe Craig won't, but I will...

In the thread on the NI forums, you don't make a single mention about a speech disability. Are you sure you mentioned it when dealing with tech support earlier? I'm sure that if you had, this would have brought the support that John gave you much earlier.

I know that if I had seen it mentioned in the thread, I would have pointed it out to tech support and the powers that be; since I moderate some of their forums, I can usually get results very quickly by contacting the right people...

You should be glad that I don't actually work for NI and have some say in policy; after that thread (and the others such as here) and the e-mail you sent Thomas (yes, I have seen it), I would have 1) refunded your money, 2) made you persona non gratis on the forums and as far as registering any NI software in the future, and 3) brought you to court on libel charges and sued you for everything you own.

ew

• Members

You should be glad that I
don't
actually work for NI and have some say in policy; after that thread (and the others such as here) and the e-mail you sent Thomas (yes, I have seen it), I would have 1) refunded your money, 2) made you
persona non gratis
on the forums and as far as registering any NI software in the future, and 3) brought you to court on libel charges and sued you for everything you own.

ew

dont be a jackass. there is no libel here... it was a legitimate complaint. obviously their activation sucks a major black cock, and to defend that is pointless. they need a new CP scheme that actually works. i have seen more problems with this company now because of this thread than any [possibly all others combined] other company out there. this cant fare well for the company and simply exposes a issue within their software.

libel: "a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt"

2 months of the inability to activate is just cause... then their inability to resolve it by the customers preferred method [email/im] is inexcusable. you are right, it is a good thing you DONT work for them because statements liek you just made would make me NEVER buy any of their products.... seeing the activation issues alone is enough to turn me off on the company. i will think hard before i consider a product.

• Members

Damn, dude - let it go & chill out. You have your solution.

By the way - allow me to point out the confusion caused regarding your intentions & the legitimacy of your issues, which resulted from the nature of your posts. Forum posts are easily misconstrued, because they are disjointed conversations with no vocal inflections, looks, or other physical feedback that allows one to judge another. Something said in jest can easily be mistaken for hostility - happens all day long around here.

You have the same problems with email. It is not the best way to communicate, especially about things of a detailed, technical nature. It's fine if the problem is simple - but you will also lose any immediacy of response if it is more complicated. A tech is not going to sit by & wait for your answer - it will appear in his/her queue, and when s/he gets to it then they will take the next step & move on to the next problem, until you answer again (or not).

Offering a phone call is actually good customer service. Your refusing to take it, with no explanation of why (you did say it wasn't their business, right?) makes you a lower priority in the scheme of things, like it or not. The fact that they went to IM with you to me shows that there is someone there, at least, willing to make a decent effort to resolve your problem.

Doesn't sound like such bad service to me. I've dealt with worse.

• Members

I do not have Thomas' email nor have I ever written anything to him via email. Be careful or the only one who's going to get sued is you.

Ah... correct you are, my fault. It was the e-mail you sent to support just before you started your thread over at NI. Thomas forwarded it to me, hence the mixup.

I would countersue you in 2 seconds, and then make every witness appear in court to tell their stories on customer disatisfaction and how they were disrespected by arrogant staff, and all the damage this has caused them in every possible way.

Then I would revise the history of abuse by the music software industry (read Steinberg removing DX support without notice, and the likes) and make them all pay for taking advantage of an underregulated industry for the benefit of their pockets and the detriment of victimized consumers.

Just try me. Or even better for you, just let go, learn something and shut up at once.

Even better yet, why don't you try it? I'll quote John von Seggern's post from your thread at NI (http://www.nativeinstruments.de/forum_us/showthread.php?t=48415&page=5);

"I'm glad we were finally able to solve your software activation issue via IM yesterday. However, I would like to respond to some aspects of your recent posting.

It seems that the main problem with your case all along was that your specific issue was a bit too complex to resolve by exchanging emails every few days. The steps I followed to fix your problem were actually the same ones that had been suggested earlier via email, but when in direct contact with you it was much easier to go through step by step and make sure that the correct troubleshooting steps had been taken in the correct sequence.

I have reviewed our support correspondence with you again and I am confident that my colleagues did their best to deal with your issue. I did not see any correspondence from our side that was "arrogant, sarcastic, ironic, and defying" as you said."

ew

• Members
Something said in jest can easily be mistaken for hostility - happens all day long around here.

Oh yeah? Well listen, Frankerjerkoff or whatever your name really is, using big words like "jest" isn't going to impress anyone around here! And you said "happens all day long." Doesn't a mental midget like you recognize that the internet is available 24/7? So this kind of thing, Mr. Smartypants Frankenburger, happens at night too! Gotcha there!! So now what do you have to say for yourself, Einstein Dude?

And I mean EVERY SINGLE WORD OF WHAT I SAID!!

(Don't you think the ALL CAPS is a nice touch?) :):)

• Members

fwiw, i can write an email of technical solutions that the end user can understand. its not horrible means of communication. i also take over peoples machiens via RDC to fix {censored} too. thats WAY better then phone conversations.

• Members

Don't be sorry for me. Be sorry for those who discriminate, for they are the inferior race and shall be exterminated like the poisonous plague that they are. Every discriminating mother{censored}er will get what they deserve sooner than later.

And I am not talking about violence, there are many worst ways of suffering, especially for them due to the fact that you actually need to be tremendously stupid to discriminate someone.

You straight up crazy. An watever this hole thing about, its NOT about gettin software to register. You gettin off on this. The internet lets people like you pull off this kinda {censored}.

Yo I gotta say tho, in a way its kinda fun ta watch how you pull this off. You a MASTER MANIPULATOR. Its like watchin a VIRTUOSO playin all the people with the internet as a instrument. you playin good cop bad cop at the same time, talkin {censored} one day, talkin sweet the next. YOU ARE GOOD an I gotta give you props. Yeah you crazy, but you good at you game. Yo you play this game a lot?

• Members
Oh yeah? Well listen, Frankerjerkoff or whatever your name
really
is, using big words like "jest" isn't going to impress anyone around here! And you said "happens all day long." Doesn't a mental midget like you recognize that the internet is available
24/7
? So this kind of thing, Mr. Smartypants Frankenburger, happens at night too! Gotcha there!! So now what do you have to say for yourself, Einstein Dude?

And I mean EVERY SINGLE WORD OF WHAT I SAID!!

(Don't you think the ALL CAPS is a nice touch?)
:):)

Just for that I'm going to report you to the Modulator!! :mad:

• Members

I'm going to chime in just this once.

I do a lot of PC help desk for a living. Actually, I have a company that does a lot of help desk for a living.

I have to say I sympathize with the OP. From what I read in this thread it appears the OP has some sort of impairment that makes communicating by phone counterproductive. We get this a lot. Usually it's language/accent barriers. Every one of you has had the experience where you call customer support for a product and get handed off to an outsourced boilerroom in another country where you can't understand half of what the people are saying.

This is all easy to work with/through and I am a strong advocate of reversing the trend of "blame the customer".

I'm glad NI finally stepped up and got this CS issue resolved. I'm disturbed though that their feet had to be held that close to the fire for that long before it was addressed properly.

I'm a "computer expert" :rolleyes:. My clients/customers aren't. I have the answers to technical problems. They don't. I fix the things they can't. They're nice people and computers really can be a pain in the a$$. I'm on their side.

• Members
I have to say I sympathize with the OP. From what I read in this thread it appears the OP has some sort of impairment that makes communicating by phone counterproductive. We get this a lot. Usually it's language/accent barriers. Every one of you has had the experience where you call customer support for a product and get handed off to an outsourced boilerroom in another country where you can't understand half of what the people are saying.

This is all
easy
to work with/through and I am a strong advocate of reversing the trend of "blame the customer".

I'm glad NI finally stepped up and got this CS issue resolved. I'm disturbed though that their feet had to be held that close to the fire for that long before it was addressed properly.

I'm a "computer expert"
:rolleyes:
. My clients/customers aren't. I have the answers to technical problems. They don't. I fix the things they can't. They're nice people and computers really can be a pain in the a$$. I'm on their side.

amen. i do the same thing... and if i had the luxury of blaming the customer everytime something went wrong, i would have no customers. i have solved problems almost every way possible. phone support, email support, im, RDC, in person.... no way is the best way. the best way is getting it fixed however possible and be their "hero".

and i do LOATHE calling the support centers for hardware products i buy from companies which installs do NOT work according to their instruction sets and its my LAST RESORT.

• Members

Every one of you has had the experience where you call customer support for a product and get handed off to an outsourced boilerroom in another country where you can't understand half of what the people are saying.

Yeah. It sucks and sometimes take a extra 20 minutes.

This guy is on a campaign for 20 months!!!

If he really truly want to fix his software, he could fix it in a hour or so tops. Instead he prefer to spend months and months on the net bitchin. Way more time than talkin to a "outsourced boilerrom in another country."

So you gotta ask youself whats the goal? If the goals to get fixed up an as fast as possible, he had a faster path even if it take a extra 20 minutes. But if the goals to launch a anti NI campaign on the net that takes an extra 20 months an get off on manipulatin people, thats what hes been doin. If you a computer head you can recognize someone who want a answer an someone who is doin everythin he can to avoid answer.

20 minute extra cause he "language disabled" as you can see from his cant speak english posts. Or spend 20 months writing books all over the net makin newsletters doin everything he can to be a drama queen about not wantin to make a 20 minute phone call.

Oh well. Seem so obvious to me.

• Members

To go slightly back on topic:
I own NI Komplete and Massive. I have to "update" various components of this package periodically. I love NI software synths. Still, their registration method is buggy and a big pain. I NEVER update NI software if I might need to use it in the near future because it has a good chance of being left in demo only mode after the update. NI registration is currently my worst offender in terms of wasted time/effort from music software registration. I sure hope they fix it...

• Members

Yeah. It sucks and sometimes take a extra 20 minutes.

This guy is on a campaign for 20 months!!!

If he really truly want to fix his software, he could fix it in a hour or so tops. Instead he prefer to spend months and months on the net bitchin. Way more time than talkin to a "outsourced boilerrom in another country."

So you gotta ask youself whats the goal? If the goals to get fixed up an as fast as possible, he had a faster path even if it take a extra 20 minutes. But if the goals to launch a anti NI campaign on the net that takes an extra 20 months an get off on manipulatin people, thats what hes been doin. If you a computer head you can recognize someone who want a answer an someone who is doin everythin he can to avoid answer.

20 minute extra cause he "language disabled" as you can see from his cant speak english posts. Or spend 20 months writing books all over the net makin newsletters doin everything he can to be a drama queen about not wantin to make a 20 minute phone call.

Oh well. Seem so obvious to me.

Yet as soon as they bumped it up to a tier 3 technician it was fixed in an hour. The guy was putting pressure on NI because they didn't properly support thier product after the sale. It's a free country and he gets to complain loud and long if he feels he is being mistreated by them. That's the way free enterprise works.

I know you guys may not agree but this is a case where the power of the internet worked to help the little guy. They fixed it and now NI and the OP are both happy. Win/Win.

• Members

AJ,

I had a business associate ask me on time, "So just what
is
your product?". I replied, "We make smiles".

Jon

i like that... is that copyrighted?

fwiw, i have found things in software that the company didnt realized existed and didnt have a fix for it... and i CALLED them on the phone and they STILL couldnt help me out. fortunately i found a workaround to save my butt on it, but still... it didnt work as promised. what can ya do?

• Members

To go slightly back on topic:

I own NI Komplete and Massive. I have to "update" various components of this package periodically. I love NI software synths. Still, their registration method is buggy and a big pain. I NEVER update NI software if I might need to use it in the near future because it has a good chance of being left in demo only mode after the update. NI registration is currently my worst offender in terms of wasted time/effort from music software registration. I sure hope they fix it...

Do you think they are more motivated to fix it if you complain about it here on this forum like you just did?

I do.

• Members

Do you think they are more motivated to fix it if you complain about it here on this forum like you just did?

I do.

I don't know. I hope so. I know they haven't fixed it yet, and I'd bet I'm not the only one who has complained directly to them (via tech support) about it.

In NI's defense though, I think this is a complex problem that doesn't have a quick fix.

• Members

In NI's defense though, I think this is a complex problem that doesn't have a quick fix.

Copy protection is different from most of the other features of a program. It is the only feature that a manufacturer will deliberately change simply for the sake of changing it. The philosophy

Archived