April SPAM Thread: Uncle Sam's sending you a check to buy a new guitar!

Mazi Bee

• Members
Boss DS-1 with Indyguitarist.com Vintage mod - SOLD

I bought Brian's DIY book a couple of years ago, and this is the 6th mod I've done. All have been a HUGE improvement over the stock pedals.

This DS-1 now a tone machine. It sounds louder, fuller, and the harsh fizziness is gone. In fact, it rivals some boutique pedals at a fraction of the price. I found a video on YouTube (not mine) comparing this Vintage mod to the stock pedal ... there IS no comparison:

I'm selling this one because I'm anxious to try a different mod! :thu:

$65 shipped to CONUS.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Boss DS-1 with Indyguitarist.com Vintage mod.

I bought Brian's DIY book a couple of years ago, and this is the 6th mod I've done. All have been a HUGE improvement over the stock pedals.

This DS-1 now a tone machine. It sounds louder, fuller, and the harsh fizziness is gone. In fact, it rivals some boutique pedals at a fraction of the price. I found a video on YouTube (not mine) comparing this Vintage mod to the stock pedal ... there IS no comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmARgeZPTN4

I'm selling this one because I'm anxious to try a different mod!
:thu:

$65 shipped to CONUS.

Hey Gators, I've always wondered about those DIY mods, are they pretty difficult for someone with minimal electronics background?

• Members

All prices shipped and PayPal

Billy Joel Greatest Hits I and II- piano $8
James Taylor Greatest Hits- $12
Dave Matthews Tim Reynolds at Luther College- $12
Dave Matthews Crash- $12
Acoustic contemporary, Buckley Jack Johnson, DMB, Ryan Adams $7
Jeff Buckley Collection $15
Retro 80s- $10
John Mayer Continuum- $15
Foo Fighters Play Along With- $15
Tons of backing tracks for 5 bucks a CD shipped....just tell me what you want.

Trade all for a Tube Screamer or will add cash for a Sparkle Drive...

Make offers, multiple purchases will result in shocking discounts.

• Members

Bought new in 2/08 and played for less than 10 hours. I should have returned it to MF, but got really busy at work and forgot about it. Truly mint condition. These are $399 at MF. Please read the description, as there are several features which elevate it above the G400 Deluxe:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG-Standard-S.O.R-Electric-Guitar?sku=512455

$275 shipped in lower 48 states, only postal money orders accepted. It will be shipped in the original Epiphone packing (double boxed), and includes all case candy.
w0svwm.jpg
15qccit.jpg102jujr.jpg2dv8ykm.jpg

SOLD!!

• Members
Kustom KPM 4080, 80 watt, 4 channel powered mixer.

Built in Reverb. Accepts XLR or 1/4 inputs... And has 1/4 outputs as well as a line out 1/4 jack and RCA inputs/outputs...

Bought this about 1 year ago to drive my monitors, but I have upgraded now...

Everything in perfect working order and in great cosmetic condition...

$80 plus shipping...

dcam2460iv7.jpg
dcam2461dp2.jpg
dcam2464ba0.jpg
dcam2465jp6.jpg

Still for Sale...

• Members

Left handed Heritage H157 in great condition with OHSC also in great condition.

This is a great playing sounding guitar but I never play guitar anymore. Bass mostly so I am selling. If yo need more pics, I can send them to you.

IMG_4475.jpg

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_5775.jpg

IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

• Members
damm it "T" i hate that kind of {censored} (him not you) i was thinking about one of his other guitars, glad i didn't go for it. hope you get to see what you've paid for or at least your $$ back. have you contacted the post office, because what he's doing is considered mail fraud and they get really pissed about that crap.

Waiting for a claim decision from Paypal but if that doesn't work the next step is the USPS and his local authorities.

The tracking number provided still only shows "Electronic Shipping Info received" but with no scan information. He printed the {censored}ing shipping label through Paypal and never sent the goddamn guitar. I'm still out of my own {censored}ing cash AND I'm still gassing for a damn Strat, since I never received it.

It pisses me off!!!!! :mad::mad:

• Members
Waiting for a claim decision from Paypal but if that doesn't work the next step is the USPS and his local authorities.

The tracking number provided still only shows "Electronic Shipping Info received" but with no scan information. He printed the {censored}ing shipping label through Paypal and never sent the goddamn guitar. I'm still out of my own {censored}ing cash AND I'm still gassing for a damn Strat, since I never received it.

It pisses me off!!!!!
:mad:
:mad:

hope it all works out in your favor. to me it's looking like he may have planned this whole scam. see if mazi can get you an isp# so we can find out if he rejoins as a different name.:idea:

• Members

This is a 2005 or 2006 Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus Top (flame maple) in a limited edition Wine Red finish. It has a GFS Crunchy Rails in the bridge and a GFS Dream 90 in the neck. Comes with original pickups. Also included is a pretty much brand new SKB Les Paul case that I got just for this guitar (with key set). Cost me $90 alone. The pickups were installed weird by our old bassist, so the switch works backwards (bridge pickup up, neck pickup down). Other than that, its in immaculate condition, with only one small blemish on the bottom side. Con US only.

l_bcc2165ef28c2f2f212b04bf5c26c30c.jpg
l_0da4fb61f6383abbc7dc805a0eea14b8.jpg

crappy cell phone picture of pickups

l_445afaedb8e07d128100a0c195e39cd5.jpg

PRICE DROP. Buy this please :wave:

• Members

FT/S:

-Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier 3 ch + a Hard Shell Case: Mesa Roadster Head or $1200 + shipping. Tri Rec is in pretty good condition. Some scuffs on the tolex and faceplate, but nothing too noticable. Has brand new pre and power amp tubes (KT77's) from DougsTubes.com, or I can ship it with some stock mesa tubes (6L6's). HSC is in great condition, but has a band name painted on it. Footswitch's FX button doesn't work, but is fine otherwise (never had a need for that button).

-Ibanez RG5EX1: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR or $250 + shipping. Ibanez comes with Dimarzio, Tone Zone, Blue Velvet, and PAF Pro pickups. I can also send the original Ibanez pickups. Has some wear on the hardware. I just replaced the trem screws and the nut locks, but i don't have the trem bar (never got one actually). Schecter should be the Red Quilt maple version with EMG's

-Dean Razorback Shards: LTD Alexi-600 or $600 + shipping. In great condition, but needs an intonation job. Comes with an original case, all hardware, and tools. If you have an Alexi-600 with a Blackout or real EMG, I will love you. I have tons of pics of this guitar.

I will obviously add money to whatever trade mentioned above.

FS:

-Line 6 Spider II 2x12: $100 + shipping. some scuffs on tolex again, has seen the least gigging.

-BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i: $ 125 + shipping. very minor rack rash

CONUS only

• Members

I've got a "mint" '62 vintage hotrod strat purchased less than 2 months ago from musicians friend. The color is 3tsb. Case/candy all included. Plastic still on the guard. Purchased for $1650 asking $1350. This is just like getting a brand spankin' new one for less. Only played a few times.

Willing to trade for fender custom shop strats.

Make me an offer!

DSC01041.jpg

pics upon request

• Members

I've got a matched set of Jackson 4-conductor pickups which I pulled out of a mid-90's DR3 body i bought off ebay and used in a recent build (see thread). I don't know which model pickup these are, since there are no labels other then the white ones I put on myself.

There were marked in pencil on the back, with what is presumably the resistance. The bridge is "10.33" (probably 10.33k) and neck is labelled "10.35" (Again, probably 10.35k)

Excellent condition as you can see. I saved as much lead as possible. Bridge has about 4" and neck has about 6" lenght of wire. 4-conductors means you can wire these for coil-splitting options for single coil tone.

I want to sell the entire set. $30 OBO, +shipping costs. here are some pics.

2443184712_f607162b51_b.jpg

2442358329_e65bd34e85_b.jpg

• Members

I have a Robert Vaughan (or Jimmie Cray) guitar for sale. Has the blue Robert Cray body and maple one piece Vaughan neck. I put it together this way as I really prefer the V shape of the JV and maple fretboards, and like hardtails better than trems. Turns out what I really like best is teles, so I'm keeping my '52 hot rod tele and now this strat is for sale.

The Vaughan neck is very similar to the Cray (both 9.5" radius, 21 medium jumbo frets). Only difference is the Vaughan is a hair wider at the nut (43mm vs 42mm) and has the truss rod access at the nut instead of buried at the butt end, so no need to take off the pickguard to adjust the truss rod.

Just got it back from a local guitar tech who did a complete setup and installed new Callaham saddles. It also has the Callaham aluminum shield underneath the pickguard.

Has the mint green Cray pickguard and stock pickups. Very sweet sounding, and nails the "Robert Cray" quack sound at the bridge / middle out of phase posistion.

Has a few small dings, the worst of which is shown in picture #3.

Will ship with a gator guitar case.

I'm asking $550 shipped, non-CC paypal, but feel free to make me an offer. Not looking for trades.

If you have questions, email or PM me.

DSC06656.jpg
DSC06658.jpg
DSC06659.jpg
DSC06665.jpg
DSC06660.jpgDSC06661.jpg

• Members
have an ec-1000 in the mail on its way here and an H-1000 in the mail on its way here. I dont need 3 hardtail esp ltds with emgs. So this ones up. This is in great condition on the front, the back has som buckle rash and 2 minor dings, affect nothing. the saddle part of the bridge has some wear but it doesnt affect anything either.

TRADES:

Ibanez V blade

combo Tube Amps

Valvekings

FLoyd rose

Superstrats

Money

Ibanez Xiphos

ESp LTD VIpers

$425 + ship

EDIT: BETTER PITURES UP

IMG_1585.jpg
IMG_1586.jpg
IMG_1589-1.jpg
IMG_1592-1.jpg

bump for better pics and new price

• Members

FOR SALE: Peavey Valveking 2x12 Combo - $400

It's all stock, pretty much brand new. I've had it for about half a year now and I've only played it at bedroom levels. I'm only a hobby guitar player and bought this as my first tube amp and I realize now that this is way too big and loud for me, as I don't belong to a band and whatnot.

Anywho, I'm asking $400 + shipping. PM me for if you would like more info or pics and whatnot! Thanks. : )

• Members

G12H30 is 70th anniversary model, not heritage series, and is used, but in excellent condition. maybe 20 hours total on the G12H (gigged once).

I need an 8 or 16 ohm 12, 50 watt capability or more. Eminence Legend 125's, weber 12F series. would possibly be interested in other speaker trades. PM if you need pics. $75 packed and shipped.

Greenback sold.

bump, price drop, update.

• Members

Gibson Les Paul Studio with many upgrades:
It is a 2005 Gibson Les Paul studio classic white this was before they started chambering the bodies. It has an ebony fingerboard. There is a bit of buckle wear on the back that you can see if you hold it up to a light and in a some places the finish is a little darker not noticeable at all if your standing away from it. It has new tuners on it and above each one there is a hole from the old one only noticeable if your playing it. I installed a new pickguard on it that I thought looked better than the old one. I will include the old pickguard, the electronics mounting plate and what's left of the electronics a box from the emg 81, and the gibson locking case.
Here's a list of all the upgrades cost new and link with descriptions of each one.
Gibson Les Paul classic white chrome hardware $1,319 (this one has an ebony fingerboard these are a bit harder to find)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517030
Gibson Tailpiece TP-6 $60
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Tailpiece-TP6?sku=306102
EMG 81 $99
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Tailpiece-TP6?sku=306102
EMG 85 $99
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMG-EMG85-Humbucking-Active-Guitar-Pickup?sku=301505
Grover tuners $50
http://cgi.ebay.com/GROVER-NICKEL-KEYSTONE-ROTOMATIC-3-3-TUNERS_W0QQitemZ250240491483QQcmdZViewItem
total cost is $1,627 I'm selling it for $900.
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2199.jpg
IMG_2200.jpg
IMG_2204.jpg
IMG_2206.jpg
IMG_2207.jpg
IMG_2208.jpg
IMG_2209.jpg
IMG_2210.jpg
IMG_2211.jpg

• Members

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

the second guitar is a custom telecaster:

walnut body, quilted maple top, fender usa tuners, fender usa string trees, fender usa ferrules, wilkinson bridge, emg t-set, corian nut, 1 piece 22 fret maple neck with a satin finish, and oversizes strap buttons so your strap won't fall off.

I put it together myself I bought the body with some of the other parts never used and the clear finish on the body was really bad so I had it refinished and it looks great now. While having it refinished I decided to have the corners rounded over to 1/4 inch instead of the standard 1/8" it is much more comfortable to play now.

I am asking $400 for this

pics tomorrow

The last guitar is a ibanez ex series with floyd rose, dimarzio super distortion in bridge, single coil in neck it has some scratches. I redid all the wiring installed new pos and output jack and installed a killswitch I messed up the hole a little bit so I made a ring to go over it on the lather and it looks cool. When I got it it was missing the trem arm, 2 fine tuners, and the back plate so theres a mirrored back plate 2 machine screws for fine tuners they work better than the actual ones easier to turn, and a strat trem arm. This would be great for anyone to keep around if they don't have a guitar with a floyd it's a lot of fun to play with.

$140

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

IMG_2216.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

• Members

I've got a Warwick Rockbass Corvette 5 string in black (see through) that I want to trade for your Ibanez, Jackson, Charvel, etc shredder. SEND ME AN OFFER!

I'm on a big kick for a maple fretboard so that would be a plus, but not required. Also a plus: flying Vs, upgraded pickups and included cases. once again, not required, but a plus!

The bass is in GREAT shape, used it for a couple of gigs so it's been played but no chips or finish damage. A note on the finish- it's actually a very nice see through black, i tried to get a good pic of it but believe me this baby looks GREAT in person I set it up with Warwick Red label M strings and it plays and sounds great. also included- a Warwick Rockcase and an extra set of the Warwick Red label M strings.

pics:

fullview.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

backpaint.jpg

Archived