Gemma Hayes - Gorgeous, Irish, talented...

tom_s252

• Members

...some people have all the luck.

Saw her and her band in Nottingham last night, absolutely brilliant. She's self-releasing her new album next week, having been dropped by some idiot at Virgin Records. Someone needs to lose their job over that one, incidentally; her first album was Mercury-nominated!

She played a succession of Telecasters, including tobacco-burst Tele Custom reissues, and a Rosewood-bodied Martin dreadnought. Her lead guitarist played a natural Tele and a Gretsch of some sort, possibly a Duo Jet, Orange heads and Fender cabs all round.

Any other fans in here?

gemma1cl3.jpg

gemmahayes010120014.jpg

• Members

Never heard of her. I'll check it out. thanks for the heads up.

Her myspace has material from the upcoming new album. I got the very last copy before they sold out; Nottingham was the last date on the tour and they'd not quite brought enough copies, evidently! Either that or they were "exclusive" pre-release copies. Either way, it's available from Amazon next week.

I suppose I'm just shouting about her because it saddens me that such talent is playing tiny rooms and selling their own CDs again. I first saw her as the support to Counting Crows on an arena tour, and whilst the experience in a small room was much better, I wish she had the success I think she deserves. On the upside, yay for artistic independence.

• Members

i dont irish woman are all that hot. they have giant domed foreheads and those big round crazy eyes and pointy little teeth

Well, with ignorance like that it's a surprise you got past 1,000 posts :cop: That's OK... If you don't want girls like her, that just means more for the rest of us. I actually dated a girl actually from Ireland, accent and all. The accent makes those sweet nothings whispered in your ear a little sweeter. :thu:

• Members

Well, with ignorance like that it's a surprise you got past 1,000 posts
:cop:
That's OK... If you don't want girls like her, that just means more for the rest of us. I actually dated a girl actually from Ireland, accent and all. The accent makes those sweet nothings whispered in your ear a little sweeter.
:thu:

teehee. I dig irish irish girls :idk:

• Members

meh , shes flat

But, thats hot!

In a nation where oversized has become the norm, I find a nice a or b cup to be refreshing. Plus they are more willing to work harder in bed b/c they feel the smaller rack makes them inferior :thu: I see it as a win/win

• Members

i dont irish woman are all that hot. they have giant domed foreheads and those big round crazy eyes and pointy little teeth

You're an idiot.

And to the OP - yeah, she's great. I also saw her opening for Counting Crows, and I thought she was excellent. Beautiful too, of course.

• Members

But, thats hot!

In a nation where oversized has become the norm, I find a nice a or b cup to be refreshing. Plus they are more willing to work harder in bed b/c they feel the smaller rack makes them inferior
:thu:
I see it as a win/win

You're an idiot, too. Anyone else need to have their intellectual inferiority confirmed? Step right up, everyone's a winner, bargains galore.

• Members

You're an idiot.

And to the OP - yeah, she's great. I also saw her opening for Counting Crows, and I thought she was excellent. Beautiful too, of course.

I saw her open for Counting Crows in Sheffield, January 2003. Ever since I've been trying to get along to one of her gigs but found myself otherwise engaged, and then she got dropped, went to LA, made a new album.

Glad to find some other fans :)

Archived