What types of 'burst's are there?

FUBTAG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is my oldest electric guitar - a 1983 LP Studio Custom Shop Edition,

And I've really never known for sure which "burst" finish this one is.

Lester65.jpg

Lester002.jpg

It doesn't seem quite yellow enough in the middle or dark enough on the edges for tobacco or vintage burst, but I'd say it's close to one of those.

Anyone know fer sher.?

• Members

From Warmoth....

PS2931a.jpg PS2931b.jpg function toggleDiv(divid){ if(document.getElementById(divid).style.display == 'none'){ document.getElementById(divid).style.display = 'block'; }else{ document.getElementById(divid).style.display = 'none'; } }Share this picture Paste link in email or IM:

HTML to embed in website:

BBC to post in a forum:

function toggleDiv(divid){ if(document.getElementById(divid).style.display == 'none'){ document.getElementById(divid).style.display = 'block'; }else{ document.getElementById(divid).style.display = 'none'; } }Share this picture Paste link in email or IM:

HTML to embed in website:

BBC to post in a forum:

Show Similar Bodies WithRelated Items:

Strat

• Members

There are LOTS more.

I am tired of posting them.

Just go to Warmoth's Body page and there they are.
:wave:

Didn't even THINK of Warmoth for ideas... when I started the post I just was remembering the 'named' burts.. like root beer, clown, etc....

Thanks for what you DID post... that blue/silver burst is AMAZING....

• Members

Didn't even THINK of Warmoth for ideas... when I started the post I just was remembering the 'named' burts.. like root beer, clown, etc....

Thanks for what you DID post... that blue/silver burst is AMAZING....

You are welcome.

I have been known to spend many a late night hour just drooling over the guitars, bodies ,and finishes on their site.

I think they have some awesome designs.

There are tons more that I didnt post.

They all have names too, like Dragon Burst, or Black Cherry Burst Or Bengal Burst, ETC.

They have some increadible monochromatic tinted finishes that arent bursts, and some really cool solid colors and custom paint jobs too.

Look at the customer build gallery sometime you have an hour or so to kill.

• Members

Don't forget HCEG's least favorite Gibson burst color:

Gecko burst:

Gecko%20Body.jpg

I would buy that color. If for no other reason than nobody else has it. I see way too many tobacco / iced tea bursts around here (here being upstate NY, not necessarily HCEG). gecko is certainly.. unique. Would make a great guitar for an 80's cover band me thinks.

• 1 month later...

Archived