Wearing Rings On Your Fingers While Playing

NYIpage71

• Members

I decided to pick up a couple of cool rings to wear on my fingers while I'm on stage. I noticed while practicing with a ring on my left hand middle finger that there's a little discomfort. Right hand really has no problem.

Is it a bad idea to have rings on your left hand cause it gets in the way of fretting notes? Do you guys wear rings on your left hand while playing?

I figure I could just play through the discomfort, but I'm just curious as to what you all think.

• Members

My wedding band is on my left hand and I keep it on when I play. It was a bit awkward when I first started wearing it because I would click it against the neck, but I don't do it anymore and I never even notice the ring when I'm playing.

• Members

For many years, I couldn't play with rings on... they just felt awkward and seemed to get in the way. After having the first, then the second ring stolen at various gigs (from off of the top of my amp) I decided they weren't quite as uncomfortable to wear while playing as I thought...

• Members

My thumb is pierced and it has a diamond stud.

Wait--no, it's my wiener that has the diamond. I have trouble telling them apart.

Nevermind.

So, either your thumb is missing it's nail or your dick has one. Either way, I wanna pic to use as an avatar.

• Members

A friend of mine wore a ring on his lefthand - after he finished playing one of my gigging Gibson Les Paul he left some really nice scratches on the back on the neck around the 7th fret - really pissed me off. Never told him, but I never let him play any of my expensive guitars anymore. I think he knows though because he has never ask to playing my Gibsons or American Fender anymore and seems quite happy to play a MIM Tele Deluxe I have lying around.

• Members

are you not allowed to put a wedding band on your right hand?

According to the tradition, it goes on the ring finger closest to your heart. Your heart is in the left side of your chest. Thus, the wedding ring goes on the left. I don't know who made the rule, but it's the rule.

I wear my wedding ring 24/7 and it never bugs my playing. Matter of fact, I can get some neat slide-like sounds with it..

Archived